This was my 2nd stay at this amazing hotel. We were there just on a year ago and had to come back, and will keep doing so. The receptionist even recognised us from when we were there before.To be greeted by name was a surprise. Again, the food was fabulous, the views and weather perfect, and even though the hotel was super busy, nothing was too much trouble. Thank you Cathy for all the great advise on sightseeing etc. NOthing seemed to be too much trouble for any of the girls on reception, and it is this sort of thing that will keep us coming back. Oh... and if you are looking for a great barman with knowledge of all the wines, then there is none better than Jeff, his recommendation of the Roaring Meg was spot on :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Duke of Marlborough has been Refreshing Rascals and Reprobates since 1827 and holds New Zealand’s first liquor license. The Duke, as it is affectionately known is located on the waterfront in the picturesque village of Russell in the stunning Bay of Islands and is a great place to recharge the batteries, catch up with friends or simply enjoy the moment. With easy access to an exciting array of activities or sipping a glass of wine on our balcony there is plenty to see or do. There are three levels of accommodation our waterfront rooms with views across the water to Waitangi Treaty grounds and Paihia, bigger family rooms when you need extra space or our convenient standard rooms. All rooms have their own en-suites, Sky TV, wifi accessibility and tea and coffee making facilities. With an award winning chef and restaurant manager the restaurant at The Duke focuses on a menu packed with fresh seasonal Northland produce. The bar has an extensive list of New Zealand wines and beers – something for everyone to enjoy while watching the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Duke of Marlborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duke Of Marlborough Russell
- Duke Of Marlborough Hotel Russell, New Zealand - Bay Of Islands