The Duke of Marlborough is situated in Rusell, a nice little holiday town on the east cost north of Auckland. The Duke is perfect situated right on the water front and there was live folk music late afternoon. The weather was perfect and people was enjoying the good food and drinks at the Duke. We had booked the bungalow for our one night stay, which is more like an apartment than a hotel room. The quality of the bungalow does not correspond to the price. The complementary wifi does not work in the bungalow. We had a nice dinner in the restaurant and the staff did an excellent job. The breakfast next morning was very basic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Duke of Marlborough has been Refreshing Rascals and Reprobates since 1827 and holds New Zealand’s first liquor license. The Duke, as it is affectionately known is located on the waterfront in the picturesque village of Russell in the stunning Bay of Islands and is a great place to recharge the batteries, catch up with friends or simply enjoy the moment. With easy access to an exciting array of activities or sipping a glass of wine on our balcony there is plenty to see or do. There are three levels of accommodation our waterfront rooms with views across the water to Waitangi Treaty grounds and Paihia, bigger family rooms when you need extra space or our convenient standard rooms. All rooms have their own en-suites, Sky TV, wifi accessibility and tea and coffee making facilities. With an award winning chef and restaurant manager the restaurant at The Duke focuses on a menu packed with fresh seasonal Northland produce. The bar has an extensive list of New Zealand wines and beers – something for everyone to enjoy while watching the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Duke of Marlborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duke Of Marlborough Russell
- Duke Of Marlborough Hotel Russell, New Zealand - Bay Of Islands