Me and my partner stayed at the Duke in their bungalow for two nights and had the best time. The bungalow was big and comfortable. It had a huge bathub with jets, and was clean. The views were amazing too! The staff were top notch and made us feel like a million bucks. The food was divine, the music was hip and cool and it was a perfect way to enjoy watching the sun go down. I know we will be back, and we would highly recommend this for a great getaway from the hussle and bussle of everyday life. We felt relaxed and pampered when we left and I must mention the locals of this cute town were sooo friendly. Everyone said hello and really made us feel welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Duke of Marlborough has been Refreshing Rascals and Reprobates since 1827 and holds New Zealand’s first liquor license. The Duke, as it is affectionately known is located on the waterfront in the picturesque village of Russell in the stunning Bay of Islands and is a great place to recharge the batteries, catch up with friends or simply enjoy the moment. With easy access to an exciting array of activities or sipping a glass of wine on our balcony there is plenty to see or do. There are three levels of accommodation our newly refurbished waterfront rooms with views across the water to Waitangi Treaty grounds and Paihia, bigger family rooms when you need extra space or our convenient standard rooms. All rooms have their own en-suites, Sky TV, wifi accessibility and tea and coffee making facilities. Complimentary continental breakfast is served to guests in the morning. With an award winning chef and restaurant manager the restaurant at The Duke focuses on a menu packed with fresh seasonal Northland produce. The bar has an extensive list of New Zealand wines and beers – something for everyone to enjoy while watching the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Duke of Marlborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duke Of Marlborough Russell
- Duke Of Marlborough Hotel Russell, New Zealand - Bay Of Islands