“Food was great, service was horrible.”
Review of The Vic Brewbar

The Vic Brewbar
Ranked #23 of 199 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Vic Brewbar is the South Island’s first fully-fledged Mac’s Brewbar. Found in the historic Victorian Rose building on Trafalgar Street and known by locals as the “Vic Rose”, the Brewbar is a unique Nelson pub and restaurant that offers live entertainment every weekend, great service from friendly staff, delicious food and all your favourite beers on tap. It’s no wonder The Vic is a staple of the local hospitality industry!
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A group of us had dinner there over the weekend. Food was brilliant, great value for money and the service was fast, however that is where the praise ends. There was a large group of us dining and we were placed by a door that when it was opened it wouldn't shut properly so we were forever getting up and closing it. It was very cold that night and was also busy so it happened alot. When our group went to pay for the meals the last member of our group was rudely spoken to by the staff member who told her it was about time she paid. This was not acceptable and just planly rude. Although we were in Nelson for a weekend it wouldn't be a place I would return to which is a shame as food was great.

vicbrewbar, Owner at The Vic Brewbar, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hi Sammyjcasey, Thanks for visiting The Vic Brewbar. I am a great beliver in customer feedback and without it we can not continue to improve our business. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the issue with our front door and service during payment. I am glad to hear the service was prompt and you enjoyed the food.
Firstly I apologise for the front door letting the cold in. I have immediatley dealt with this.
Secondly customer service is our key priority, so I am disappointed to hear that one of my team has been rude or made an inappropriate joke to one of your group. I sincerely apologise and assure you this is not part of our customer service policy and that I will address this issue with my team. I hope that next time you are in Nelson you would consider visiting us again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with further details or response as I would be more than happy to hear from you.
Kind regards
Phil Williams
phil@vicbrewbar.co.nz

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I really enjoyed visiting this restaurant . No booking required. Very helpful staff. Wide selection to suit anyone regardless time of day. Short waiting time. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Very good location. I would recommend both food and drink. You should drop in.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Fantastic staff in this family run bar and restaurant. Menu is superb for both adults and children. Setting is comfortable and stylish.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The place was very cozy and had a great ambiance. Awesome wait staff, but as a true craft beer drinker, Vic's misses the mark. The beer wasn't bad but it seems that everything tasted like a lager, leaving me to believe that the same fermentation temperatures and carbonation percentages were used for all beers. The IPA did not contain any hops flavor at all and drank more like a light lager. I think the potential is there but I really missed the deep full flavor of a craft brew. Overall, great experience tasting all the beers, but there is room for improvement. Check this place out for a good night on the town to talk to the locals.

1  Thank FinandJen
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've been here for lunches, dinners, work functions and I've organised work functions there myself. Food is always good and functions go off without a hitch. Like the atmosphere and the little garden bar out the back is cute too.