“Good food at a decent price”

Lone Star Cafe & Bar Nelson
Ranked #78 of 183 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The home of the Nelson Lone Star restaurant is a wonderful building that oozes Art Deco charm on the outside but contemporary luxury on the inside. There is a large bar that flows to the outdoor area. Enjoy Cocktails and beersies after work or later in the evenings. There are spacious dining sections available with our experienced and friendly staff always nearby to help you and your friends enjoy your evening with us. Children are especially welcome and have their own menu to choose from, colouring in & traffic light drinks. Don't forget to tell us if its your Birthday - we're likely to have a treat in store for you. Lone Star Nelson, our aim is to make it a "Great Time, Every Time!!!"
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I came here on a recommendation for a good steak. It was good. Not great. But good. Staff was very pleasant and attentive. Location is excellent at the center of town.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

So impressed with the quality of service at the lone star from the moment we walked in to opening the door for us on the way out lone star by far has the best service in town. Then theres the food well........amazing, delish, supurb, outstanding, fresh, mouthwatering Our meals were just absolutly faultless. Thankyou lone star for yet another amazing time look forward to coming back again soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Very friendly service, and as always at Lone Star's a great feed. I left my jacket there, and when I rung to enquire they were very helpful and assisted in getting it back to me. Very happy.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I dined here in Feb 2014. I am gluten free and vegan, and I don't expect the world to revolve around my food choices. I checked the menu online before I dined here and saw that there were three vegetarian options. I went for the easiest to 'veganise' which was the roast vege salad. Taking out the feta and aioli meant the salad was then low protein, so I saw that there were read kidney beans in several other dishes on the menu. I asked the lovely waitress to remove the feta and aioli and would it be possible to add some kidney beans to the salad. She asked the chef if he could do that to which he said no. Fair enough, he doesn't have to change anything to suit me. However, a $25 salad with roast veges, some mesculin greens and a few pine nuts with NO DRESSING is really disappointing. My husband ordered a side of roast veges for $6 and there wasn't that much difference between his side and my main. My entree was a side salad of greens, and it had vegan dressing, so I would have thought the same dressing could be used on the main salad.

Al of this I could cope with - what was upsetting was the way the chef questioned my about why I was vegan (through choice or allergies!!) and the off hand and dismissing way he treated my request. What happened to some courtesy?

My husband said his lamb shanks were dry and average.

Vegans - order side dishes instead of an expensive main course salad.

I won't eat here again.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Big meals so great value. Noise place & if you want to sit outside be prepared to have car fumes .around you