“Special treatment”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We've always loved Golden Bell, it has never let us down. Gail is the most generous and gentle host and the food remains consistent and appealing. We recently holidayed in Thailand and enjoyed Golden Bell's rendition of dishes more than the ``genuine'' article. We had six at the table, extended to seven midway through the meal, celebrated a teenaged birthday with a few extra treats ... nothing is ever a problem.

1  Thank PeteM289

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am a regular and super fan to Golden Bell Restaurant. I have eaten at all Thai restaurants in Nelson and GB is superior in it's service, meals and going the extra mile. I seriously don't understand the negative comments as Gail and her team of waiting staff are always polite, respectful and as I said, "go the extra mile". I have chosen in the past not to comment here however noticing some of the comments, I want to ensure that as a regular visitor, I observe their continuity in service and quality of meals and am wrapped to be a GB SUPER FAN! A must to visit :)

1  Thank Apinari
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went to the restaurant as we are very fond of Thai food and the other two Thai restaurants in Nelson are very very good.
We were very dissapointed with the sevice and noise in the restaurant and their food was bland and not up to standard of other Thai restaurants we have eaten in and far short of ANY Thai restaurant we have eaten in in Thailand.
Would recommend other Thai restaurants in Nelson for a better mael.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were taken to the Golden Bell by locals for a friends birthday lunch. The guest of honour was given a glass of wine on the house as we arrived. The service was fantastic and the food delicious. My favorite was the green curry. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a great Thai experience.

2  Thank wellilindy
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Fantastic hosts and amazing food. Highly recommend the duck and satay chicken dishes.
Always leave there full and happy.
For us as locals there is no other Thai restaurant in nelson that comes close.

1  Thank Zinny2