“Eating at Cafe Affair, Nelson”
Review of Cafe Affair of Nelson - CLOSED

Cafe Affair of Nelson
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bacco is the Roman God of Wine, Bacco Restaurant and Wine Bar changed its ownership and name from Café Affair in October 2016. We are a premium wine bar/restaurant with an Italian/European spin to our dishes. We are all about fresh, local ingredients where possible and we have a food matching our premium wines philosophy. Bacco has a wine club and holds Degustation dinners bi-monthly.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food there has always been excellent and we have been there a few times. The prices don't seem too bad. They have a lovely fire going in the winter and large comfy chairs.. Very central to everything in Nelson, just down from the famous Church Steps.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This cafe is always humming. They offer an extensive list of 'specialty' foods such as gluten free, vegetarian etc. Great location just by the church steps. Helpful staff.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I recenty visited Cafe Affair with a friend as we wanted some good, easy food in town while the children played. As they have a play room for children it seemed like the perfect choice. The last time we ate there the food had not been very good but we wanted to give it another chance. I wish we hadnt. The staff were too busy chatting amongst themselves to serve us, the children's play area was dirty and the oil used for the chips was obviously very old. I have certain dietary requirements but as I was hurried when ordering had not noticed that there was bacon on the burger I asked for. When it came I mentioned this to the waitress who took it away and then returned with it very quickly. I was told that they had taken it off but if I wanted a new one I wouldhave to pay for an entire new dish. No matter what I said or how I offered alternatives they were rude and repeated that the chef had given that instruction. I know that the fault was partly mine and had said as much but did not expect to be treated with such disrepect.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Yummo!! Three of us dined while visiting Nelson for a wedding. I had the Cajun Seasoned Lamb Salad (best creamy feta and oil dressing I have ever had - even passed on my compliments to the kitchen which I never do). Someone else had the Roasted Vegetable Salad which she really enjoyed and the other person had the Prawns and Scallops StoneGrill. She enjoyed it - her only criticism was the dipping sauce was not to her taste so asked for some aioli instead which was not a problem. Our waitress was so lovely and personable (I think she was from Scotland?). And to top it off, no public holiday surcharge on ANZAC Day.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I love that this restaurant is in the heart of nelson right by the cathedral, the food was superb we went in for breakfast around lunchtime so it was a awesome brunch! Filling, we were stuffed after we had eaten it, and no surcharge on public holidays even better, something was wrong with one of our plates and it was fixed instantly 1 item was missing, they were helpful and great customer service. well done!