“Poor choice”
Review of Cafe Affair of Nelson - CLOSED

Cafe Affair of Nelson
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bacco is the Roman God of Wine, Bacco Restaurant and Wine Bar changed its ownership and name from Café Affair in October 2016. We are a premium wine bar/restaurant with an Italian/European spin to our dishes. We are all about fresh, local ingredients where possible and we have a food matching our premium wines philosophy. Bacco has a wine club and holds Degustation dinners bi-monthly.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After nearly four weeks sampling some amazing food in NZ, we arrived in Nelson this afternoon and went to Cafe Affair for supper. Nice atmosphere, but what a disappointment. The wrong wine was served. We didn't complain because its usually the waitress who gets the cost docked from her pay and she, a Glasgow girl, was delightful. My wife's hotpot, a special, was devoid of meat. My dish was a stone grill. Not what I thought I was getting and for a few prawns and 3/4 scallops it was very over priced. Skipped on the dessert. Only one we fancied was gluten free. Who's ever heard of apple and berry crumble served gluten free?

1  Thank Tony J
There are newer reviews for Cafe Affair of Nelson

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went here for a late dinner after going to the cinema, because it is conveniently located at top of street, close to our B&B. the day's specials were excellent and service was super fast and friendly. Just what we wanted. I had the penne and my wife had the fish of the day. For a Sunday night, when lots of other places were closed, this definitely met expectations.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

A good menu at reasonable prices, a decent drinks list and very pleasant service. The restaurant itself is a nicely casual environment , with sofas and magazines as well as more formal tables.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had a lovely meal with my wife and parents whilst on holiday in Nelson. They were very accommodating for the gluten free amongst us. (Had a whole gluten free menu). The rest of us went for the hot stone option and had great fun cooking good cuts of meat. Service was great and with a smile. Overall had a great evening.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Cafe Affair is just down the street from Nelson Cathedral,in the heart of the city and offers indoor and patio tables. We stopped by for dinner after walking the historical city walk, looking for good food at an affordable price. My wife had the falafels and I had the chicken burger, and we both enjoyed them very much. The burger came with brie cheese and bacon in a turkish bun, creating a unique overall taste. Cafe Affair has a team approach to service rather than staff dedicated to particular tables, and we found all of the staff friendly and helpful. I am sure that we will be back.