“Outstanding in every dimension! 10/10”

Palazzo Motor Lodge
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Nelson
“Outstanding in every dimension! 10/10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Myself and a friend stayed at Palazzo Motor Lodge for a week at the end of June. The motel was busy everyday but the fantastic hosts could not do enough for us. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and very tastefully decorated - they're impeccably clean, with modem decor without being clinical. A real 'At Home' feel! The breakfast was delicious, the best poached eggs I've ever had. It's all hands on deck at Palazzo, with cleaners on the go from the early hours to ensure the pristine appearance of the establishment. Kiara and Bob are definitely the best hosts I've ever come across. Kiara was a great help to us regarding organising our days with local tourist activities, as well as giving directions to town which is a short 10 minute walk away. Bob is a well-fed man whose fantastic restaurant recommendations kept our bellies more than satisfied for the week!! They are always on the property to ensure that their customers are happy and looked after. Their positive attitude and constant smiles really give this cosy motor lodge a homely feel. I would return in the morning if I could!! Thank you so much Kiara, Bob and Owen, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed in the Plazzo Motor Lodge during my trip to NZ and I have to say that of all the places I stayed [ I traveled from Bay of Islands in the North Island to Milford sound in the south Island] somehow Kiara and Bob made Nelson seem like thee best spot in the whole of NZ. Their hospitality was second to none, with Kiara providing a vast knowledge of local tourist spots,restaurants,pubs and churches and then going to great lengths and booking everything from taxies to trips for us. The accommodation was fantastic, with meticulously clean well equipped rooms providing amazing comfort after very busy days,I can only compare it to a hotel I stayed in, in New York however it was the attention to detail and "The nothing is a bother" attitude of Kiara and Bob that made our stay so enjoyable. Our suite had a fantastic spa bath with wonderful luxurious toiletries provided which was very welcome experience each evening. I would highly recommend The Palazzo to any person whether alone or with family and friends. If I'm fortunate enough to re visit NZ,I will make a point of staying there again.
A Irish.

Room Tip: Its worth the few extra dollars to stay in the executive suite, so spacious and that marvelous spa b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We traveled to NZ in the slow season and stopped by Nelson to stay for a night after a long day of driving. We were hungry and cold but read the reviews on Trip Advisor so we stopped by to check out the lodge. The owner, Kiara, was rude and abrupt in showing us a room and impatient to help us. When showed the room it smelled musty and the carpets were dirty. We ended up leaving without staying due to the poor service and condition of the room.

Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Such a great place to stay, the rooms were spotlessly clean (and I'm picky!) and Kiara gave us great advice and inside info on tours and local restaurants. I loved the spa bath in our room, very relaxing after a hard days sightseeing.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a spa bath!
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was extremely impressed by the service provided during our stay. All the stresses of travelling disappeared due to the outstanding efforts Kiara went to, ensuring our comfort and needs were met to the highest degree. We arrived after closing hours so i was amazed kiara had not only wait up for us but also set up a portable cot for the baby and warmed the room for our arrival.

After staying in well over 200 + different motels hotels and lodges all around the world over the last 20 years pricing from $120 to $3000 per night and I am sadly quick to criticise. Only 3 places have met my expectations and Immediately Palazzo was by far the best value for money. Palazzo is everything they claim it to be.

I was impressed by Palazzo in its entirety from the decor to the large rooms, fully equipped kitchens, the bed lamps, huge spa bath, the beautiful linen, the bath towels a beautiful chocolate brown and fluffy, location excellent. I would not have believed Palazzo had been running for 5 years as it appeared brand new.

The owners truly know what running luxury accomodation is all about and obviously have their hearts in it. When visiting nelson in the future.....I would not stay anywhere else. PALAZZO IS ABSOLUTELY 5 STAR RATING!

Waikanae, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

A great place to stay. Very convenient for getting into town with lots of great places to eat within walking distance. Lovely, well furnished, spacious rooms with everything you need. Kiara was a super host - very friendly, informative, who really went out of her way to assist with special requests (thanks Kiara). She even arranged our restaurant bookings. Umbrellas were available when the usually sunny Nelson turned wet! Would definitely return to Palazzo Motor Lodge next time I visit Nelson.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Southport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of the great highlights of our tour of New Zealand was our stay at the Palazzo Motel. Your motel was beautiful, the rooms immaculate and we had a fantastic time in sunny Nelson.

Thank you Kiara and Bob for making us so welcome and for taking the time to give us great advice on where to go, what to do, good eating places etc. Loved the pubs. Oh and lets not forget to thank Owen too, can't wait to see you playing for Spurs.
Next time we visit NZ we'll be back to stay in this little gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if you can stay in the Hobbits's room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family