“great motel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Nelson
Paihia, New Zealand
“great motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

we stayed for 3 nights at Palazzo, and we were given the Presidental Suite. Very nice room plus big bedroom with kingbed, and a little terace with 2 olive trees. We enjoyed our stay here, had a spa bath in our bathroom, and plenty of towels and toilettries.
Staff was very helpful and the location is great. A short walk to Trafalgar street and good restaurants. Very nice, we would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ikat58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

we had a great stay here. We asked for a room away from the road and our request was granted. We stayed in a studio in the back of the complex. Super clean, well furnished, great jetted tub, small fridge. We were given milk at check in. Kiera was working the desk and helped us find a restaurant, gave us great advice on Saturday activities, and was just super nice. We were able to leave our car parked here all of Saturday. The hotel is just a couple of blocks from the main section of town. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Excellent 5 Star + Accomodation. I travel for business in the South Island and the North Island and for me staying at the Palazzo is one of the best places I have stayed in NZ. The high standard of cleaniness in the room makes you feel at home and Bob Kiaria are just the best hosts you could wish for. I always recommend all my business companions to book with them.
Helen T Christchurch

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

An upmarket motel with everything you could possibly want. Spacious and beautifully decorated apartment with lovely ensuite and kitchen facilities, all spotless. A few minutes walk from Nelsons centre with its excellent choice of shops and restaurants. All the staff were extremely helpful. It really was 5 star.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent 5 Star Accommodation, Palazzo really does deserve the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Tripadvisor Travellers Choice Awards!

The first time I stayed at the Palazzo was January 2012; I had booked through wotif and travelling on my own from Australia on business. I had booked a studio apartment and it was fantastic.
I extended my booking by an extra 4 nights, booking directly was better value. Not only did Palazzo exceed my expectations in every area, Kiara was really, really helpful. All of her recommendations were spot on from dining o shopping, sightseeing and trips Kiara was there to help book them all. The first trip to Nelson and Palazzo was so fantastic I decided that more of my family had to come and experience it.

My family and I have just had another amazing trip to New Zealand and Nelson was the highlight. Palazzo was the best accommodation we had on the whole trip in New Zealand. Our rooms, the two bedroom apartment and the one bedroom apartment were amazing, exceptionally clean, spacious and beautifully appointed. On arrival Kiara was so welcoming again and really looked after all of us for the whole time we were there. She arranged all our trips,made restaurant reservations, even arranged our accommodations in Queenstown, Lake Tekapo and Lake Wanaka for the rest of our trip. A business woman I have travelled extensively and I have grown to expect first class accommodation and service wherever I stay. Palazzo has lived up to my expectations admirably. I can honestly say Palazzo ticks all he boxes, exceptionally clean,the best customer service I have ever received, amazing value, and fantastic accommodation with great night's sleep.

If you go to Nelson stay at the Palazzo and experience it for your self.

An Avid Traveller.

Room Tip: Peruse the images of the suites on the Palazzo site. They are exactly what you get on arrival