“Simply the best motel in Nelson” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chelsea Park Motor Lodge

Chelsea Park Motor Lodge
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Nelson
Auckland
“Simply the best motel in Nelson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

It is a real pleasure to stay at Chelses Park. Warm, friendly and helpful management are supported by enthusiastic cleaning staff to ensure that your stay is a pleasant one. Excellent facilities (the Spa Bath was great) with quality presentation facilitates a relaxed and restful refuge.

Quality restaurants and bars within easy walking distance makes Chelsea Park a real favourite of mine when staying away from home.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
valbonne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

Perfect accomodation to discover Abel Tasman Park and Nelson area.
Welcome is really friendly and warm.
All you need for a pleasant stay in Nelson.
Enjoy !!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Timaru, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

If you want a great motel then this is the place for you. Wonderful attention to detail in the way the room was prepared. Extremely clean, with lots of nice touches. I'll definitely go back!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

I always stay at Chelsea Park Motor Lodge when I am down in Nelson for work usually every 2-3months. I always find Mike and Heather very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very nice and kept very clean. Only about a 10 min walk to the town centre.
I would highly recommend this motor lodge to anyone.

Chrsitchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

Clean, full facilities, pleasant service and helpful with external matters. The Reilly's go that extra yard to ensure your stay in their establishment is a pleasant one.
No need to look elsewhere.
Geographically close to walk to town and easy vehicle access to and from.

Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

So I forgot to book a room for the night in Nelson. Do not fear, Chelsea Park Motor Lodge is here.

I was told there was a school basketball comp in town and thought I had no chance. I was ringing from Invercargill, desperate. But Chelsea Park Lodge had a room.

Okay, so I thought "Chelsea Park - hmm sounds a bit dated - ohh well I am desperate"

On arrival and to my surprise, I was greeted with an amazing room, well appointed colours, stylish furniture, tidy and neat...I actually checked the door key and room number to make sure I had the right place...then I walked into the bathroom...bath robes, a trolley with mositurizers and soaps all laid out, heated towel rail "on". WOW. I felt slightly embarassed as I had haggled over the price (I am a sales rep, we do that), as I could see this room was well worth it, more than the money they were actually charging (I would pay $300 NZ for a room like this in Japan) .

After 6 hours travel from Hokitika I was in need of a good sleep and I got one in the very comfortable bed.

Thankyou Chelsea Park Lodge, I booked the next morning for my next stay in three months time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Whangarei
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

Trip to Nelson made most enjoyable by stay at Chelsea Park Motor Lodge - hosts Mike & Heather Reilly very friendly & most professional - appreciated very much their assistance for travel to Nelson Airport, and also posting back to me some notes I'd inadvertently left behind at Reception desk. The Lodge is close to Nelson CBD, ( 8-10 mins stroll), all facilities & rooms are of a very high standard, great heater used during winter days, and the service was beyond my expectations - good local advice received. Definitely would come back again next time I'm in Nelson - strongly recommend for others to stay also - well done Chelsea Park Motor Lodge !

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business