“WOW is WOW!”

and up
Full-Day Self-Guided Cycle and Sail Adventure from Nelson
Ranked #1 of 84 things to do in Nelson
More attraction details
Owner description: The World of WearableArt and Classic Cars Museum is an iconic Nelson visitor attraction that celebrates two passions united by design. Amazing Wearable works of Art from the annual WOW Awards Show are displayed alongside one of Australasia's biggest private collections of rare, Classic Cars. The Museum also includes a Cafe renowned for it's tasty, healthy treats, a Retail Store full of NZ art and jewelry designs, and the ever-changing Reflections Art Gallery. Open every day 10am - 5pm (except Christmas Day)
Reviewed November 20, 2012

take the time to sit and watch the performance screening of the shows as it is brilliant! A great show of NZ at its brilliant, quirky best!

1  Thank atiuan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,221)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

After checking out of our Motel by 10am, we had sufficient time to go through WOW before our flight at 1.20pm. It's only a stone's throw from Nelson Airport, and a great way to fill in some time.
The fashion part is "extraordinaire"!!! The car part is OK but enjoyable. Adult fee NZD22 (a little steep? if you compare what you get at e.g. Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre)...the Pensioner rate at WOW is NZD16. There are a few arts and crafts to view/purchase in the lobby too, and the cafe is very good!!! (We had a light lunch and coffee there...do try the carrot cake!!). The only irritating thing (for me) was inside the fashion part there was a STRONG smell of fumes (was it from the car engines??), but it did make me a bit nauseous. Was not aware of any air-conditioning / ventilation fans there??

1  Thank ENGELBRECHT01
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Well set out and inspirational items from the WOW shows with this years winners. Reminiscent memories of cars of the youth and longer ago. Good audio-visual show from last year showing today.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

It is worth taking a detour on your journey to visit this unique place. Fantastic fashions, plus classic cars. Without sounding too sexist it keeps everyone happy!! A fabulous cafe too.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

A friend had suggested we not miss this very interesting museum and so we decided "why not" as it sounded like something we would both like and the location is right on the way to the airport. So we went there as our last stop in Nelson before our flight. We planned it well so we took our time and did not have to rush. This is a real find. It appealed to both our tastes -- my husband is a car nut so the classic car collection -- which is beautifully displayed was quite a treat. I like cars too, not to the extend the my husband does, but enough to appreciate the excellent display. What really appealed to me was the costumes and "wearable art" -- as this is a bit of a specialty for me. So I figured this was going to be something I would enjoy. I am very, very critical in this field -- but I must say that the display and the costumes were among the most beautiful and creative that I have seen anywhere in the world and I have seen a lot. I actually had tears in y eyes looking at some of these jewels. Even my husband thought that this was an excellent display.

if we are back, we would definitely go back and see the latest creations -- this was a totally unexpected gem and a real must-see -- who would think that this world class museum in a little
town in NZ would be such a delight. It was a perfect send off from the South Island.