“One of our favorites over many months”
Review of Paula's Plate - CLOSED

Paula's Plate
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I have been going to Paula's since it first opened last year. We are there weekly and have also tried her subsequent foodie outlet in the Edito building.

Being a Masterchef finalist will certainly pack the place out for the first week or so, but it takes more than that to build a following. We've enjoyed watching this place produce good food and coffee consistently, week in and week out.

Paula has kept the same good staff since opening, and we've enjoyed everything we've eaten here.

This morning we tried something new and had breakfast....bacon and eggs on cornbread. Delicious, and enhanced by the locally grown and smoked bacon.

The loyal following she has built is testament to the ever-changing menu, the great food and coffee, and the good service. For lunch we're currently enjoying Thai beef salad, a mouth watering blend of Asian favours with just the right amount of heat in the sauce.

Good value for money keeps us coming back although we walk past many other eateries to get here. Always worth the trip.

1  Thank BruceFarquhar

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of visiting Paula's Plate several times now and guys... the food in this place is amazing!!

breakfast was a total gem, very fresh, delicious and so much so that I came back for lunch .... aaaannndddd... I was again, just blown away by how good the food tasted.

if you're in town, this is a place you do NOT want to miss (and one I'll be dreaming of back home)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

So rare to be able to take my little one out and offer them something other than fried junk food He loved his little plate of food which included 3 different lots of fruit which also meant a happy mummy! It was so exciting for him to have his own little plate with different bits and pieces on and and the food I ordered was also delicious! Really relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Can't wait to go back! :)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I treated my ten year old daughter to morning tea last week and we decided to try Paula's Plate. Walking in the door was an adventure for the eyes. My daughter loved the decor and spent a lot of the time we were there pointing out this and that. It is very spacious with plenty of room between the tables. We were served by Paula, although my daughter did not recognise her. My daughter had an iced chocolate and a slice of lemon brulee tart and I had a hot chocolate. The service was fairly quick and the food and drinks very nice. The prices were comparable to any other good cafe. A great place for a girlie treat.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had a late lunch here and ordered the open steak sandwich ,ii was nicely presented and delicious with amazing flavours staff were friendly and helpful with changing a couple of things to one of the orders ,we had decided when we are in Nelson this will be where we will be earing from now on.