“Beautiful Birthday Dinner”

Kraut's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: German, Healthy
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dear customers and friends of hearty German cuisine! After six succesful and exciting years of operating Kraut's in Nelson it is now time for a lifestyle change. We would love to thank all our customers and suppliers for their continued patronage and support. The Kraut's family: Raz, Jasmin, Doris and Vianne
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Had a wonderful dinner at Kraut's with my Mother. I had the traditional pork schnitzel served with potato salad ( my mouth still waters when I remember the flavours which all complement one another so well). Although thoroughly satisfied with the flavour and size of my meal, I had a little space to help my Mum with the extra special Pork Hock and its lovely crackling and plum sauce and sauerkraut. So delicious! The service was very friendly and attentive and we thoroughly enjoyed our celebration meal (and the carefully packaged leftovers at home the next day). Ambience in the new location is just lovely and parking is so convenient. Can wholeheartedly reccommend this as a gourmet dining experience with fabulous hosts.

Raz-Krauts, Owner at Kraut's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Hi Julie, Thank you very much for your great review and recommendation. We enjoyed to have you and your Mum around for her birthday and we are happy that you enjoyed food, service and atmosphere. It will be our pleasure to host you more often soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had a group meal at Krauts. Great new premises, same great food.
Had the Pork Hock, it was huge and yummy, I am a big eater and for the first time ever in a restaurant couldn't finish my meal.
Great service and team work, really enjoyed the casual atmosphere but still with superb attention.

Raz-Krauts, Owner at Kraut's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you igota29er for your great review. It was a pleasure to host your group. We are happy that you enjoy the new design and yes, some of our huge pork shanks can be challenging :-)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Sorry for the delay in posting this review, but holiday
travels intervened! We ate at Krauts on 15 November with my husband's elderly parents. The food was lovely, good sized portions, nicely presented, great service -- and excellent value! The spaetzle were so yummy! Nice to see schnitzel properly thin and pounded, not at all tough -- pork or chicken as the choices (no veal, alas!) The sauces were lovely, and I particularly recommend the Jager schnizel in an excellent creamy sauce. But the hit of the evening was my father in laws pork shank; a good bit more expensive, but delicious, juicy and so tender --and the leftovers were taken home and served cold the next day! We had visited this place a few years ago in their previous location; the new restaurant is much more modern and "urban", although I did like the rustic feel of the other place as well. Keep up the good work! This is a must-try in Nelson.

Thank you Marla H for your great review. It was a pleasure to host your party on that night and we are happy that you all enjoyed the food, in quality and quantity! And thank you for being so loyal over the years, we are looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I are here when they were based out of town a bit and was impressed. Back again and better than ever. Do yourself a favour and eat here (make sure you come with an empty stomach)!

Thank you slamminsam for your fantastic review! We are very happy that you were pleased with the new place as well and that you still enjoy our food that much. Looking forward to seeing you again down here.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Can't see why this is rated number 2 in Nelson .... Should be Number 1 !! .... Fantastic meal and experience topped off with immaculate service.

WILL DEFINITELY RETURN !!

Thank you 407Ange for your fantastic review. And see, we are on Number 1 now! (13Jan2014). It was a great pleasure to serve you and to see how you enjoyed our recommended selection of food paired with the wine. Hope to see you soon on this side of the hill.