“Cute, quiet and delish.”
Review of Eatalian Nelson - CLOSED

Eatalian Nelson
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

First night in nelson, found this little restaurant. Showed up after 9pm and the waitress was happy to seat us. Delicious sea food, the fish of the day had so much flavour all dishes were really tasty. Highlight of the night was the tiramisu. Must try!. Had starters, mains and desserts and didnt feel bloated. Sat outside as it was a warm beautiful night. Service was friendly and welcoming. A little pricey but totally worth it.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We arrived late after the Theatre..so I cannot comment on the ambience of the place..except I think if it was buzzing it would be good. We were the only people there at 8.45 and only actually needed a small meal. Every one was delighted with theirs..we were 6 and 2 people had the marinara which they said was absolutely delicious...the others were delighted with theirs. I had the vegetarian Raviolli which the waitress raved about....such a disappointment..it was tasteless..and dry around the edges..not enough sauce..and I won't be going back in a hurry. Needs to be full to get any ambience.

joeboy07, Owner at Eatalian Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you Harriet W for you comments. I know that you are a regular visitor to my restaurant . Two things surprise me, one that if you were dissatisfied with your meal that you didn't inform the wait staff, in which case the meal would have been replaced with another or a selection of your choice.

Secondly, Ravioli is one of our most popular dishes, people come back time and time for it. I am so sorry that the ravioli you received was not up to our usual standard. This has never happened before, and I hope never again.

Buzz? As you are probably aware Harriet, Nelson is not a night city - people tend to eat early, so Buzz hardly ever happens in Nelson after 8.00 pm

Please Harriet, give the restaurant one more chance. I am sure we can deliver to you a Ravioli that will delight you.

Yours sincerely

Mick Mason

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great service, food and atmosphere. Loved this restaurant and would highly recommend the lamb Shank.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Well done again..... My Husband and I love the dining experience you offer. The food and wine is superb, the service and ambiance second to none.. Eatalian has become our restaurant of choice, in Nelson, and also that of many of our friends .....Try the Chicken livers, Wild Pork Lasagna, Fritto Miso, or Ravioli...delish!! Hard to leave without a dessert and wine to accompany.....ENJOY.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a nice and relaxed place to go for dinner, this place came up. The service was fantastic and the food was phenomenal. Chicken liver entree was to die for and one of the rare places that does a tiramisu justice. Wine match was great too. A great place to go for any occasion, highly recommended.