“Atmosphere is fantastic!”

Bar Berlin
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have family in Nelson so visit fairly regularly and every time I make time to drop into Bar Berlin. Their cocktails are brilliant and the bartender certainly knows what he's doing. There's always something going on in the evenings so it doesn't matter what night I arrive, I know I'm going to enjoy something special. The service is super friendly and I love the atmosphere where it feels as if I've just dropped in to a friend's party. Very welcoming. Love the decor. Highly recommended!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stumbled up on this place when i was out walking in Nelson.
I went in and met the barman Richie. He was dressed in Trilby hat braces black trousers and polished shoes.
The place had a real burlesque feel.
I sat down and ordered the barman's choice. Richie asked me a few questions about my taste and quickly went to work. I have no idea what he made me and I am a barman of 8 years but what ever it was, was AMAZING.
I have returned a few times and every time i am greeted with the same big smile and order the same thing every time. So far i have not been let down.
I left Nelson now and I miss this bar.
I will return and when i do I will order the same as always.
I recommend this to people who enjoy a bit of flare about there drinks.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Cocktails and platter was what we were here for. Well after watching 5 seasons of Burn Notice my husband and I were keen to try Mojitos (watch the series and you'll see why!) We both ordered with slightly different flavours - the bartender went to work with finesse -and they were both yummy.....the platter arrived as we were half way through them - needless to say we ordered more! We will be returning to try out the other cocktails!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I regularly visit Nelson and Bar Berlin is my home away from home!
The staff are very friendly and serve interesting, varied cocktails that hit the spot - every time!
The tasty treats served to accompany the cocktails are delicious and excellent value.
Did I mention the great entertainment? Live music including jazz, blues, rock. Then there's a weekly trivia night with questions that get my brain ticking. Love it!
I'm looking forward to my next trip to Bar Berlin.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Sounds like we went to a different place! Bar Berlin was our 'find' in Nelson! Friendly and competent! We had been We were back from the National Park and dying for a night out - the barman made the ladies amazing cocktail, not even on the menu! There was live paino when we arrived and by the time we decided to eat, there was a live accoustic duo! We had great food - tapas - local Nelson scallops in mornay, grilled mussels, chicken croquettes and a number of other dishes - we just kept ordering food & drinks and yes, we danced. We were only going to stay for a drink and something to eat - we left after 2am! You need to put this place on your list of what to do in Nelson! Michael