“Learn Kitesurfing with Kitescool: One of the best activities in New Zealand”
Review of Kitescool

Kitescool
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a mobile Kitesurfing and SUP school based in Nelson the sunshine capital of NZ. We offer Lessons, Hire, Sales and good advice. Kitescool is the regions original Kitesurfing school, we know the local conditions and beaches better than anyone! Stand Up Paddleboarding and Kite Boarding are a lot of fun...Come and take advantage of Nelson amazing beaches and constant winds! Let our team of internationally qualified instructors get you up and riding.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I just had the best time during my beginners' course - and a great teacher, too (Warren)!! I think Nelson is a great place to learn kitesurfing, as the beach is big, there's not many people, the waves are really good, and the sand is smooth - perfect!
I was given the right amount of tuition and leaving-me-be-so-I-can-figure-it-out-for-myself! I'm totally satifsfied, and the price is absolutely worth it, especially considering the price of a kite ;-) And it's much easier than it looks!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Thanks for the awesome instruction and coaching, had heaps of patience and tips which made it easy to progress so quickly. Cheers for the safety tips, I tried them and I felt a lot more in control. Really good kitegear which has been fantastic to learn and develop with. Thanks again. Absolutely recommended.

1  Thank boodeec
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I am a beginner Kitesurfer - thanks to kitescool I can proudly say - 'I can Kitesurf'

I had been planning a trip to Nelson for over 3 months and had initially booked in with the other kitesurf shop. The sea breeze was building but only becoming established at 4pm..... so I found myself with the conditions but no instructor. I approached Warren and his team for help.

The key points for me were:
No pressure to take the lesson in what could have been marginal conditions.
Excellent kit.
And best of all, really friendly and approachable staff with zero ego - which to me is vital if you are just starting out in a new sport and want to feel at ease.

On a 12-14kt wind, I went out on a 15m kite and in the 2hrs I had with Tom, a visiting French instructor, he got me: launching consistently, controlling speed and tacking in to wind.

Great day - and made the journey to Nelson a success.

In my opinion the best outfit in Nelson - fully recommended.

Thank you.

1  Thank jimmywoowar
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I want to share my experience with Warren and Crew -
Im brazilian and live in New Zealand for 7 years,

They are extremely kite addicted, they know what they do, and have a lot patience wit all students, no matter what level you are the will customize the class to your level.
In my class was probably 8 students, everyone had access to the latest gear available,

Communication is huge ,I had sms txts on my phone every morning from nelson kitescool saying where, what time the conditions would be best for the class
At kitescool nelson you will definitely reach your goals on kitesurfing, I strongly recomend anyone to learn or buy your gear from Warren, I bought my gear online from Warren 4 months before my Hollidays and I had great advice and a mean deal, what you waiting , pick up the phone and call , they will look after you very well.

Leo Vieira
Dunedin

Reviewed December 19, 2013

It was a individual kiting lesson over 2 days. Warren is very patient, well experienced and equipment. Area is ideal for beginners. all the best. norbert

1  Thank Norbert J