“First class self contained, great location accommodation”

Delorenzos Studio Apartments
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We stayed in a poolside apartment and were extremely impressed with the detail inside. It is rare to get a motel room that has dishwasher, washing machine, dryer and the bonus of a spa bath. The water pressure of the shower was also a very welcoming, for the travel weary it is hot and needle point. Fresh coffee, washing machine powder we also appreciated.
The location is superb being only a short stroll to middle of town and many fabulous cafes and restaurants, but still very quiet..
The managers were very friendly and welcoming, and no, I'm not related. My opinion....5 star.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 20, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights & we found the apartment to provide everything and more, for a relaxing stay. We had a very sunny and warm poolside upstairs room and were more than comfortable. The rooms are very well serviced and extremely clean. The staff and Managers were all very friendly. We would stay here again!!!! So central too!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This was one of those places we found by accident after simply pulling over for a nights sleep. We were sold on the location straight away (a further 5 minute drive into town). Inside the large room had everything you could think of for a typical apartment and then some. Flat screen tv, stereo, fax machine, spa bath and dvd player. As it was all so modern and clean we could relax. Not sure if it had recently been 'done up' but was well worth the hundred or so odd dollars.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We thoroughly enjoy staying at DeLorenzos Hotel. We often travel to Nelson for both work and leisure and stay at DeLorenzo's if we can get their peak price down a bit! They have everything you need, it's our home away from home. We don't spend a lot of time in the room but I can see that people walking past the door might be a bit disconcerting but there are sheers to hide behind!
There is a kitchen, washing machine and even a drier! The beds are super comfortable and the heat pumps cranks. I love the bath, that was the first thing that drew me here.
It is very close to town, parking is no problem and the people are lovely. I left my watch behind on a trip (a very nice one) and rang a while later to find they were still hanging on to it...I love the honesty of NZ! I hadn't left any details for them to find me but they still posted it back to me as soon as I rang.
We still make it our first choice hotel in Nelson.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank biscuitnz
Reviewed April 29, 2010

This place is very OK, it was not what I would rate 5 star, but the cost reflected the standard. Nothing wrong with, but not luxury, fitting were of the cheaper brands and things just starting to look abit dated.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Good sized room, great facilities in room like washer/dryer, heatpump, etc but some of the basics weren't right. There were two of us in a room and there was only enough hot water for one shower. When I quesitoned this with the manager I was told that the guy above complained about the same thing but that was it as far as the manager was concerned. Only 3 car parks for 8 units. A very strange arrangement with a private driveway running between some of the units. Lack of privacy in units wiht people walking up and down outside, which made it quite noisy at night.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Oh my God! We needed two bedrooms, and hotels were limited, and we booked the cottage at the DeLorenzo. Worse than an old grandmother's house. Should be demolished, and replaced with the newer rooms, like in the other part of the hotel. Had we known how aged the accommodations were, we would have booked two separate rooms (in another motel). We made the mistake of trying to stay together. They actually use the cottage they rent out to store things used for maintenance of the complex. Can't speak about the regular rooms. Just stay clear of the "cottage." A dump. Oh, and internet was slower than dial up, and expensive. I should have refused to pay. But not my style.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Alaboys
Delorenzos, Owner at Delorenzos Studio Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010

We are happy to advise the Cottage has been removed and is being replaced with a new block