“I love this place!”

Paradiso Backpackers
Ranked #13 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Nelson
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Brilliant hostel! Really good atmosphere with loads of friendly happy people. Amazing that you get breakfast and free soup in the evenings, it saved me sooo much money! I would definately stay here again and reccommoend it to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 18, 2010

I was really surprsied to find such a cool place to stay. Kitchen was great, managers lovely and helpful, rooms clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed the atmosphere amongs the people. I am not a friend of a sauna but liked the spa! It was a real highlight for me that it was possible to watch all the soccer world cup games :) I can only recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2010

This hostel was in a good location with friendly staff who supply you with a pack of free noodles when you check in.
The kitchen was nice, big and clean, and the 4 bed dorm i was in was spacious and the en-suite bathroom was clean.
The free soup in the evenings was dreadfull - basically it was water with a few vegetables floating around! The free breakfast was better - but you have to get there quick before they run out of milk and bread.
Unfortunately the worst part of this hostel were the beds. The mattress was very thin and uncomfortable and around the bed was alot of dirt which wasnt very nice and that would put me off staying again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank jimmerg
Reviewed April 22, 2010

As 'older' travellers we were a little unsure of how we would manage in a Backpackers!
But - no worries. Helen and Robin made us feel really welcome and being new to Nelson themselves, shared with us all their discoveries about the area.

The room was spotless, as was the rest of the accommodation. Although the end of the season, the swimming pool was inviting.

The other visitors made us feel special too. We would definitely recommend this to anyone, no matter what age!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2010

The cool thing about this place is the pool, sandy volleyball court and free wireless. And the free noodles and washing powder you receive on arrival. There is a free breakfast available however you have to be up VERY early to get it or there will only be crumbs left!

The bad things were the spa was out of order, the kitchen fridge had mould and milk spilt at the bottom, the kitchen floor was sticky and there were no clean, dry teatowels available. We also had to park our car out on the road as there were not enough spaces on the property.The whole place needs a really good clean up and it would be so much nicer.
I think some slack backpackers do the cleaning at this place, but they do a terrible job!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Have moved on after a beautiful 4 month long stay in New Zealand.
I spent 3 weeks alone in Nelson at the Paradiso Hostel while I only planned for one :-) Great place! I had a four share room bed and heaps of fun meeting others, relaxing by the pool or chilling out in a hammock with my book. My rooms and the facilities where clean and well maintained.

They offer lots of free stuff for the bucks, I just say free wireless internet, breakfast and you gotta love the soup, yummy! Also the staff (Rhonda) was very helpful with organising my trips to Abel Tasman.

I'll definitely go back to Nelson to do some Kite Surfing at Tahunanui Beach and I know where I'm gonna stay...

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry. We have availability for the dates requested. Our units are available for $ per night, this includes king sized bed, ensuite with spa bath, kitchen facilities, satelite television, dvd player, free wi fi and free breakfast.

If you'd like to proceed with your booking please forward credit card details. Thanks

Kind Regards