We travelled with our 10 year old daughter and because we planned to stay 3 nights in Nelson
we were looking for a comfortable accommodation with a good standard which is as well within our budget. This motel certainly exceeded our expectations!
Thanks to the recent and well-done bathroom renovation the bathroom was bright, spacious, very modern and has a chic flooring. The toilet is separated with an additional door hence the rest of the bathroom is always free to use. A bathroom standard which you would usually expect from a 4-star hotel.
Although we booked only a 1 bedroom the hosts placed us into a 2 bedroom accommodation. We appreciated this extra space very much.
The hosts are very welcoming, very friendly and they gave us plenty of tips what to see, do and eat in the region.
The host offered to put our cloths into their private and larger drier as our cloths didn't dry in the guest drier (because I put in too much cloths) and after we came home from dinner the dry cloths were placed into our living room. Thats great service!
At the back of the office is a spacious and grassy area with a playground which is separated from the parking lots (hence its safe enough for the children to run around). There is e.g. a flying fox and a trampoline.
The living room is very bright and spacious (2 sofas, table for 4). For the evenings and during the rainy day we borrowed videos (VHS format) from the reception. The kitchen provides the full basic set required. Tea, coffee, drinking chocolate, sugar, salt and pepper is provided.
We heard very rarely airplanes passing and the sound did NOT bother us at all.
While we were sitting at the beach it was fun to watch these little aircrafts passing by.
It took us less than 15 min. to the beach, playground, beach cafe and there is a zoo nearby too.
We appreciated the quite location of this motel which is located quietly in a residential area and is not at the noisy main street.
The outside area is very clean, tidy and parking space is clearly organized.
Thanks to the night curtains the room was completely dark and the night light next to the bathroom provided our daughter the necessary lighting for the night.
At this motel we had everything to enjoy an excellent 3 night-stay:
- a modern, clean, spacious and bright accommodation
- very friendly and very helpful hosts
- a quite location
- safe and spacious playground, video entertainment
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ASURE Fountain Resort Motel is 4 star ASURE Quality Rated in beachside suburb, quietly located away from main roads. Close to all amenities, beach, cafes, airport, golf course, 5km to CBD, 1.25 hrs to Abel Tasman National Park. Family holidays a specialty with huge, safe playground with flying fox, play equipment, swimming pool, conference/games room. Popular with corporates, very central location. All units ground floor, spacious & sunny with parking at door or undercover available. ASURE Loyalty Programme available. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your ASURE Fountain Resort Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.