“Ribs to die for”

Smugglers Pub and Cafe
Ranked #10 of 179 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: SUPREME WINNER TOP SHOP 2014 and WINNER FOOD, BEVERAGE & HOSPITALITY CATEGORY - NELSON The Smugglers Pub and Cafe is famous for its hearty meals, foaming craft ales and great wines all served up in a unique old world atmosphere.Located within easy walking distance from Nelson's Tahunanui Beach and set amongst the areas' busy motel district, the Smugglers is ideally placed to cater for your group no matter how large or small. Food is available all day and into the evening with extensive snack, lunch and dinner menus including gluten free and children's menus for young smugglers. We stock a variety of regional, national and international wines along with Mac's & Speights beers, Guinness, Kilkenny, Becks and Stella Artois.We are open seven days a week including most holidays and absolutely no surcharges ever. So come on down relax and enjoy the award winning atmosphere that is so unique to Smugglers.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

If you love a good helping of mouthwatering ribs then look no further. A marinade that truly is a gift from Old Long John Silver himself! Definitely the best I've ever had. Awesome decor and great staff. Can't wait to visit Nelson and Smugglers again.

Alibeare001, Public Relations Manager at Smugglers Pub and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Thanks for visiting Smugglers and writing such a positive review..So happy you enjoyed our Ribs...

There are newer reviews for Smugglers Pub and Cafe

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had dinner at smugglers as it was recommended to us by the motel host. Wow! We started with garlic bread that was served as a full loaf, warm and partially pre-cut with the butter served separately so you could control the spread.....so yummy! The meals were just brilliant and topped off with a beautiful locally made Pinot Gris! I had the headless chicken and my husband had the steak. Our only regret is that we were only in Nelson for one night otherwise we would have been back again the next!

Thanks for your lovely review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and wine at Smugglers Pub & Cafe

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was visiting Nelson for the the weekend on a business trip, though passing I had never visited smugglers bar and cafe, looking for a nice place for a raflaxing dinner after a long day of meetings I made the desition to attend smugglers.
My visit was greatly received with not only excellent ales on tap but very friendly faces behind the bar , after sitting down I made the desition to order the “prized pork”, this was cooked to perfection with my knife just sinking through the tender slice of meet, this was served with beautifully roasted potatoes and seasoned veges.
After finishing my meal, my dish was cleared promptley and was given the desert menu but due to this main corse being such a good portion I was unable to sample there great selection.
Leaving the resturant I was admiring the brillant atmosphere of not only the interior but the exterior and am very impressed so much so I am taking my wife and three kids there in two weeks time.
Five out of five guys

We are happy to hear you stopped in at Smugglers Pub and Cafe, glad you enjoyed your meal and experience and look forward to seeing you again with your family

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had a top class meal at Smugglers, I had the salmon and it was absolutely premo, our 9 year old son wanted to return the next day as he said his meal was delicious. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us, we even had the owner come and ask if we were happy with our meals. This will be a regular stop for us when visiting Nelson and would highly recommend this outstanding restaurant to others especially family's as it is good value for money.

Alibeare001, Public Relations Manager at Smugglers Pub and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thanks for your fab review, we are so glad you enjoyed your meal and experience with us at Smugglers and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Nelson.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very good meal cooked perfectly with friendly staff and good service. Portion sizes were large with a good selection on the menu. A relay enjoyable night. I highly recommend to anyone visiting Nelson, Smugglers is a must.

Thank you for visiting us again whilst in Nelson and we are glad you enjoyed your meal and that everything was to your liking.