“Another lovely meal”

FORD'S Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 171 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: European, Soups, New Zealand, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Zealand
“Another lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is the second visit this year to Nelson and another delicious meal at Ford's. My Asian duck salad entree was enough for a meal and my colleague declared that his steak was excellent. I am already looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Terrific find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had just arrived in Nelson and the owners of the motel at which we were staying recommended two places for dinner - we checked out both places and decided on Ford's. And we were not disappointed. My husband said his was one of the best meals he has ever had - a fillet steak topped with a seafood ravioli. He said the flavours just really worked. My rib eye was equally tasty - as was my sticky date pudding for dessert! And the coffee was very good too! The staff were fun and very helpful. I would definitely return.

Nelson, New Zealand
“Very tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our group of about 36 had lunch there earlier this week. The food was lovely, I think everyone was happy. I had a very tasty dish of salt and pepper calamari with chick peas, choritzo, olives and other yummy bits and pieces.

The only negative point is we waited for over an hour before we got any food, although everyone was all served fair much at once.

Christchurch
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had breakfast one morning here. We were very disappointed at this restaurant. The service was not good at all, considering there was only us and one other couple there. It probably took around 25 minutes for our food to come out after we ordered. I actually thought that the food was pretty average as well - and lacked anything special.

Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
“Great as Always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Service is always excellent, may i say so myself. Great atmosphere for families or special occasions. Desserts are always well balanced, not to mention the creme brulee is to die for!

• Visited January 2013