“Average”

Ranked #8 of 183 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had breakfast one morning here. We were very disappointed at this restaurant. The service was not good at all, considering there was only us and one other couple there. It probably took around 25 minutes for our food to come out after we ordered. I actually thought that the food was pretty average as well - and lacked anything special.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Service is always excellent, may i say so myself. Great atmosphere for families or special occasions. Desserts are always well balanced, not to mention the creme brulee is to die for!

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Monday night with 2 colleagues whilst we were in town for business. Wait staff were friendly and attentive. The food was a good selection and showcased local produce. I had the venison with pistachio and pear and I really enjoyed it. Wine list also showcases local region

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My motel recommended this place for a steak. Ordered ribeye and pasta. Waited for one hour, still our food was not coming. I heard a table behind us was ordering dessert. Then I realized that table arrived way after us. We asked a waitress why the table next to us is on dessert and we did not even receive our dinner yet. She said they ordered chicken and our steak takes longer to cook. Does this even make sense? Finally my steak came. The quality of meat was horrible. I had to spit out 1/3 of meat while eating. The pasta was blend. We needed to put lots of salt and pepper. The only dish that was good was a side dish of salad. I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone.

2  Thank OrangeKiwi
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We enjoyed a good lunch at Fords on our drive from Picton to Golden Bay. Excellent fish and chips. Well worth the detour into the town of Nelson. Plus, we got to see the beautiful hanging flower baskets adorning the main street of town!