“May be the best in Nelson”

FORD'S Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 180 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We had a terrific lunch there. My wife had the special - haroumi cheese and veggies; I had a tahr curry pie! Not many places you can go and have a nice alpine got curry! These folks also own the White Morph in Kaikoura, another excellent restaurant.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Overcooked fish was the main problem - and unimaginative vegetables. The wine list was disappointing - with the excellent local wineries to choose from they really ought to be doing a lot better than this.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Really enjoyed the meal we've just had for my birthday tonight at Fords. Excellent frsh and tasty food that would be hard to beat anywhere. The Belly pork was simply fantastic. Really good, pleasant service too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and daughter had previously eaten at Ford's restaurant on visits to Nelson and raved about its food and service. When I had the chance to visit in April I was very happy. They were absolutely correct, the food (especially my dessert of Eton Mess) and service was as good as I had been told and will definitely visit again on our next trip to Nelson.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

While visiting family in Nelson last year we visited Ford's, only days after they opened. That wonderful experience had me returning in June when I again visited Nelson, this time with my husband. We had dinner, a lunch and quite a few coffees at Ford's and every time the food, service and atmosphere were fantastic. We will definitely be back!! Wish I could find a restaurant like this in Mackay, Qld.