“Perfection all in one place”

Century Park Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with this accomodation, it really did exceed expectations. The room is fully equiped with everything you may need. The kitchenette includes kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. All appliances, fittings and furnishings are of an extremely high standard. Room has Sky TV and free internet access. The bathroom is a wet room and fully accessible to the disabled. Being greeted with milk upon arrival was a nice touch, and the parking facilities were safe. Situated in an ideal location, a short walk into the town centre. We would definately stay there again if we came back to Nelson, and would give it our highest recommendations to anyone and everyone. A family run business with an eye for detail, very helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Z0wie
There are newer reviews for Century Park Motor Lodge

Reviewed May 27, 2010

From time we arrived at Century Park Lodge to the time we left we were very impressed with the friendly service, good knowledge on where to dine and what to see around Nelson. The room was exceptionally comfy and I thoroughly enjoyed the spa bath. The bed was divine. This travel lodge is definitely a fabulous place to stay if you are in Nelson.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I would like to thank and commend the lovely hosts at Century Park in Nelson, Auckland. The people were so nice and helpful. The room was absolute luxury, clean and very styley. They hadn't spared on anything, everything was at my finger tips.
The bed was the most comfortable I've slept in. Top marks to them. I travel all over New Zealand for my job, and I stay in many hotels, this is one of my favorites, Thank you for my pleasant stay. You will be seeing me again.

Sandy Ayrton
Auckland

Reviewed May 22, 2010

My wife and I found this place online after much searching as we wanted a reasonably priced room with all the comforts. We chose the Ambassador Suite 207 at Century Park, and were quite happy with our stay.

This lodge has apparently been open since October 2009, so everything is very new. Additionally, it is well finished. Our hosts Brendan, Jan, and Ross obviously put a lot of thought in details and take great pride in their business. When we checked in Brendan was extremely friendly and helpful, and as we made our short treks to and from the city centre, whoever was at the front desk would give a friendly wave.

One thing that struck us as during our visit in NZ is that you typically pay huge fees for internet access (usually around $25/day)! Coming from Canada, we were quite amazed at this, as it's normally included in the room rate there. The fact that it was included for free at Century Park helped us make our decision to stay there, as that is a significant chunk of a daily rate that we saved. On top of that there is free parking, and they have a library of DVDs that you can also use.

The lodge is about a 5-10 minute walk from the centre of Nelson, meaning we didn't have to drive to the shops.

The one minor drawback is that the rooms have balconies that face a bit of a grotty yard next door. However, you can see down into the lodge property and notice that a nice fence and garden are there.

All in all is a great place, with wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I spent 2 nights at the Century Park Motor Lodge while at a conference in Nelson. The courtesy and friendly service offered by Jan and her family made for a lovely stay. I would definitely recommend to travellers.
The room was furnished like a 5* hotel with a spa bath in each room, great furniture and nice finishing touches everywhere. The room had lots of excellent advice on local restaurants and activities and was very central with only a few minutes walk to the main shopping area. Jan gave us a few dinner recommendations and we had an amazing meal at a local restaurant. Great Stay!!

Reviewed May 16, 2010

Beautifully furnished, immaculately clean, quiet and extremely comfortable. Run by very professional people who made you feel most welcome.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I just spent 2 nights with the team at Century Park Motor Lodge and couldn't recommend this accommodation more highly. The rooms are beautifully appointed and nothing is too much trouble for the management team. They make you feel very welcome and everything is nicely personalised.

I will definitely be returned to this property for my next trip.