The Bug Backpackers
The Sails Nelson(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$112
$109
Orbitz.com
Rutherford Hotel Nelson(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$164
$151
  • Pool
Abelia Motor Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$74
$100
$90
GrandMercure
Delorenzos Studio Apartments(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$72
$67
Beaches Nelson(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$84
$78
Orbitz.com
Palazzo Motor Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$102
$96
Agoda.com
Chelsea Park Motor Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$90
Saxton Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$78
Century Park Motor Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
$95
All reviewsdouble roomthe kitchenfree wififoosball tablethe main blockseparate buildingfree pickfree bikesplug socketsevery morningnew zealandbus stationcooking equipmentoutdoor areaabel tasmanlate checkyoung travellers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Probably the best hostel I have stayed in New Zealand and during my other trips around the world. The place is really clean and spacious. The two kitchens and bathrooms are really clean and look nice. The staff is amazing and the two new owners, Richard and Rachel are just as amazing as Anthony the last owner. They are really helpfull and really wants to make people feel at home and are willing to help you know the city better. They also offer you a free pick up from town when you arrive town and when you leave town. There is also a free wifi, wich is quite impressive for hostels in New Zealand. Plus, I enjoyed spending lazy afternoons in the hammock.

Keep up the good work ! This is an amazing place!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We arrived at this place after a hideous stay in Wellywood in wellington. It couldn't have been more different. We asked the lady at the bus station to call for a lift and we were collected promptly. When we arrived at Bug the duo running the place were really friendly and chatty and got us settled right in. This place has some great rules (can't remember exactly but you couldn't use wifi in the living room or after certain times) which meant people were sociable and not tapping away in bedrooms at night. Our room was a 6 bed dorm. It was a good size with individual reading lights and plenty of plugs. The beds were comfy and wooden (no squeaky metal frames here). There were 2 kitchens and both were clean and well equipped. The toilets were plentiful and clean. We borrowed free bikes to cycle to town as it is a little way out. There were helmets provided and a good number of bikes. We even got a 7am lift back to the bus station in the morning. Excellent place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very clean place the kitchen and toilets were cleaned very often. the guy that owns the place offered to pick us up from town when we called to book for free. Kitchen facilities are really. the place is a bit of a walk to get into town (25 mins) but there are free bikes you can use. The hostel is located 3 min walk from a big super market and Dominos pizza. I stayed here for 3 nights in a private room with a shared bathroom, the room was really nice very clean with a big comfy double bed. There are free spices and oil for cooking which is nice and free wifi. I did not stay in a dorm so dont know what there like but the communal areas are great. Would stay here again for sure :)

Room Tip: Stay here if your visiting Nelson.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2013

stayed there for 3 nights with my wife and baby in an en suite room.
the room was with good space and clean but very basic.
the location is quiet and convenience.
the best thing was the good atmosphere and vibes that made you feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank yaron1976
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The owner picked me up and dropped me off at the bus stop before and after my stay. I was able to leave my luggage with them while I spent a week in Able Tasman. Indoor common areas were small, but having two kitchens made cooking less crowded. Free bread in the morning was a nice touch. I had a good time and I would stay there again. It was a long walk from the town centre but they have bikes to hire for free, so its not so bad.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo