“Fun but expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Happy Valley Adventures

Happy Valley Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience guided ATV 4 wheel quad bike tours; ride the world's only Skywire flying fox; play Paintball; enjoy a horse trek or ride in the amphibious Argo.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fun but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

Great staff who could not be more helpful. Did the skywire which looked really scary but was actually OK and fun!!!!! Thought it was quite expensive for what it was but did enjoy the overall experience

Visited December 2010

Canberra
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Skywire is sedate and guide was grumpy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

We were heading from Blenheim to Nelson as part of our holiday and decided to checkout Happy Valley Adventures. By the looks of skywire it looked like good fun and a bit of an adrenaline rush. We did the 1.5 hour quad bike/skywire package. The quadbiking is rather slow going. No speeding up hill, just a gentle pace all the way up to the top.

We get to the top and partake in the skywire. Unfortunately when you're doing 120km in the car on the way to Nelson, hitting 90km on a chairlift is pretty sedate. You basically fly over the tree tops and then do it again in reverse. Not exactly exhilarating for those seeking a bit of edge in their life. I'd give my grandmother a ride and she'd probably asleep on it!

Ride back down the hill is once again sedate, seriously we signed our life away on the indemnity forms, let us risk a few bumps and bruises. Once down at the bottom you get to a kind of race track where you are given a whole two laps. Took me about 40 seconds per lap because it was the only time I was given to take the bike to it's potential.

Overall it was a pretty disappointing thing to do considering the price. If you are looking for a thrill don't go to Happy Valley as you won't be so happy on the trip back into Nelson.

Visited January 2011
2 Thank bizotraveller
Wellington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horse riding boredom”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

We opted for a 2.5 hour ride which was 200 for 2 people. the ride consisted of riding on a stone chip road slowly, up a hill stopping for tea then back down again. This was understandable as some of the group were noobs, however some were not. We managed to get up to a trot for a few short meters a couple of times but this was not really the adventure I had in mind. Good view from the top of the hill though. If you are a new rider you will enjoy, if not it will be boring.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Our confidence in horse-riding has been restored!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

Our nine year old son asked my wife and I to take him for a horse-trek at Happy Valley Adventures. My wife and I were a bit apprehensive, having last ridden many decades ago ( and my last horse had been very unfriendly, I still remembered!) Well, our confidence has been restored - our guide Dee was fantastic, very safety-conscious and informative and gave us good instructions before and during our one-hour trek. Our horses were well-behaved and we appreciated having been matched with horses which were good for ' beginners' like us.
We would go for a longer trek next time, gladly! Well done, Happy Valley Adventures!

Visited January 2011
New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Awesome Quad Biking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

Our family of six had a blast with these folks quad biking. They were extremely kind, helpful, and patient with us given our varying abilities. It is a gorgeous setting with sheep, Belted Galloway cows (my favorite), horses, peacocks, and the coolest dog you've ever seen (riding on our guide's vehicle the whole way - hilarious). Highly recommend. We may go back for some horse trekking or paintballing we enjoyed it so much. Reasonable prices, too, particularly when you compare Queenstown pricing.

2 Thank kartwoman