Having heard how wonderful Nelson is I looked forward to being there for a couple of days to explore the city galleries, boutiques, market and cafes.. We didnt want to drive so walking was the plan.. The website doesnt make it obvious that this hotel is so far away from the city centre and is located in a boring suburb quite a walk to the even more boring shopping centre. . The reception was anything but warm, (which would have made up for the location a little). The self contained unit was very comfortable and overlooked a grassy courtyard surrounded by other units (empty). However, the decor looked like it was made for grandma - Very flowery. Quality fittings but a bit kitch. We did however enjoy the restaurant - that was the best part and are sorry we missed the high tea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers luxury boutique accommodation by the water in Nelson, New Zealand. Located only about five minutes' drive from Nelson Airport and 15 minutes drive to the city centre. Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers well-appointed accommodation for up to 215 guests in boutique hotel rooms, along with a range of self-contained apartment accommodation including one-bedroom studios, one-bedroom spa cottages and two-bedroom cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco