We stayed in one of the self-catering cottages at Monaco - essentially, like an old English style terraced house, with oak beamed ceilings, tiled floors throughout, lovely window boxes and gardens. The place has only been open a few years, so everything is clean and modern. When we arrived we were disappointed that our cottage was really quite dark inside... so they moved us into one which got the afternoon sun, and this was much better. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The furnishings were good quality, and included TV, DVD, stereo, broadband access (free unless you download stacks of data), dishwasher, very large shower, and very comfortable beds. There were a few irritating aspects, however. The only oven provided was an electric convection oven, but every time we tried to use it, the fusebox tripped after about 10 seconds, so we gave up trying. Also, the kitchen area is a bit too small to be practical - so we ate out every evening at the Honest Lawyer over the road - excellent English pub, with great food. The main annoyance, however, was that the hotel hosted a wedding reception while we were staying, and they only told us about this a few hours before it was due to start. The music from the band was fairly loud, and as a result we had to move our baby into our bedroom, on the other side of the building. We couldn't open our windows because of the noise. We felt that the hotel was taking a liberty in hosting a wedding during our stay without warning us about it when we booked. In fairness to them, when we complained about this, they didn't charge us for that night. So overall, we were happy with our stay, and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers luxury boutique accommodation by the water in Nelson, New Zealand. Located only about five minutes' drive from Nelson Airport and 15 minutes drive to the city centre. Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers well-appointed accommodation for up to 215 guests in boutique hotel rooms, along with a range of self-contained apartment accommodation including one-bedroom studios, one-bedroom spa cottages and two-bedroom cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco