We had a two bedroom apartment in this resort for 2 nights.
The resort is set out with stylised english country joined cottages which may appeal to some. My wife and mother thought it was quaint, however I didn't really appreciate it.
The doors are made rustic style witrh iron latches. They make a loud noise any time they are used.
It was quite windy whilst we there and the bedrooms had a lot of subsequent wind noise. You do hear the planes at 6 in the morning but that didn't really worry me too much.
The lighting downstairs was made to go with the style, but I found it very dark.
It is a fair way from the centre of Nelson and there is not too much close. However, Nelson seems fairly spreadout anyway so I am not sure that this would make much of a difference.
Previous reviewers have mentioned the Honest Lawyer opposite hoever it did not overly appeal to us and we ate on site one night. The restaurant and service were fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers luxury boutique accommodation by the water in Nelson, New Zealand. Located only about five minutes' drive from Nelson Airport and 15 minutes drive to the city centre. Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers well-appointed accommodation for up to 215 guests in boutique hotel rooms, along with a range of self-contained apartment accommodation including one-bedroom studios, one-bedroom spa cottages and two-bedroom cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco