I recently co-ran an event at the Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments and it was fantastic. While there were some teething difficulties in staff change over for us organisers prior to the event happening (make sure you have things in writing!!!!), when we were actually there running the event, it couldn't have been better! The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The rooms were wonderful and the setting amazing (you feel like you've walked out of 'normality' and into a whole new little world, it's stunning!).
The staff, particularly Kat were incredible and bent over backwards to make our experience a wonderful one. When things went wrong (as inevitably they do), the staff really pulled all stops to ensure that we could remedy the problem and get back to 'normality'.
The kitchen/restaurant staff were who we went to when we had any issues and all of them were helpful, smiling and eager to make our experience a good one. I really couldn't fault a single one of them.
Our attendees raved about the setting, rooms and event as a whole and for the event we were running, it wouldn't have been the same for us if we'd had it somewhere else.
We had people stay on after our event and the feedback was just as good for them as 'individuals' as it was for us as an event.
Our only criticism was that on the Sunday the paperbag lunch we ordered was feeling a little 'stale', I wonder when it was made?
But really, that was just a little blip on the radar.
The setting is right across from the sea and makes for a wonderful place to take a walk and the view across the mountains is so peaceful and relaxing. The airport is close which is both a bonus and a hindrance as you are close so after a flight it's quick to get to your hotel, but you do have occassional noise from planes (not that anyone really noticed this).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers luxury boutique accommodation by the water in Nelson, New Zealand. Located only about five minutes' drive from Nelson Airport and 15 minutes drive to the city centre. Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers well-appointed accommodation for up to 215 guests in boutique hotel rooms, along with a range of self-contained apartment accommodation including one-bedroom studios, one-bedroom spa cottages and two-bedroom cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco