This is our first trip to New Zealand and a friend recommended this hotel. She'd stayed in the apartments and when we made the reservation we thought that was the only choice. We were placed in a regular hotel room which is fine but not what we expected. The hotel is created like a mini village and is very quaint. The room is plain but comfortable. The bathroom is really nice and we loved that the soap, shampoo, etc. is offered in big containers with a pump so no extra packaging but still nice products. The bed is soft but quite comfortable. The restaurant on site (Orangerie) is nice with a good breakfast buffet.
This property is further out of town than we'd thought....our expectation was that we could walk into town but this place is way too far out for that.
Staff is quite friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers luxury boutique accommodation by the water in Nelson, New Zealand. Located only about five minutes' drive from Nelson Airport and 15 minutes drive to the city centre. Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers well-appointed accommodation for up to 215 guests in boutique hotel rooms, along with a range of self-contained apartment accommodation including one-bedroom studios, one-bedroom spa cottages and two-bedroom cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco