We spent a couple of nights on a weekend. I'd echo the comments of other reviewers - we enjoyed our stay here. Great service from the staff, especially in the restaurant (which was reasonably priced and nice food). We enjoyed the spa pool too - worth the walk. Agreed with another reviewer that the beds were a bit softer than I'd like. The bathrooms were modern and attractive. To me, the interior decore was a bit of a strange mix of Olde English and other styles - not a big problem when you are asleep.
Handy to the airport, but note that the road route between is a bit of a loop (maybe 3 km). Didn't find the airport noise a problem (it's not a terribly busy airport) and the planes added some interest. An easy drive into Nelson. The pub just across the road is worth a look (especially if you are looking for a more basic meal).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers luxury boutique accommodation by the water in Nelson, New Zealand. Located only about five minutes' drive from Nelson Airport and 15 minutes drive to the city centre. Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers well-appointed accommodation for up to 215 guests in boutique hotel rooms, along with a range of self-contained apartment accommodation including one-bedroom studios, one-bedroom spa cottages and two-bedroom cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco