Overseas friends and I stayed here for 5 nights in January. I booked this hotel as I lived in Nelson for many years and watched its development from a patch of scrubby wasteland to what it is now. I was keen to try it out! It really is lovely. "Olde English" may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is tasteful and welcoming, with extra features, such as the large lounge area. My only grizzle really would be the low level lighting in the rooms. I know that it's Accor policy to be green and I applaud that, but I don't know that eco-lightbulbs are quite enough to read by! Meals were good at the adjacent restaurant, The Orangerie. Monique and the other young women at reception offered quite exceptional service. I would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers luxury boutique accommodation by the water in Nelson, New Zealand. Located only about five minutes' drive from Nelson Airport and 15 minutes drive to the city centre. Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers well-appointed accommodation for up to 215 guests in boutique hotel rooms, along with a range of self-contained apartment accommodation including one-bedroom studios, one-bedroom spa cottages and two-bedroom cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Accorhotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco