“Great value for money”

Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Nelson
Upwey, Victoria, Australia
“Great value for money”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

After a friendly greeting and unsolicited advice about worthy places to have dinner, we were offered help with our luggage to our upstairs unit. We had our own stairs at an end unit so had no one walking past our room. The room was clean and very comfortable and I loved the close proximity to the airport! I just love planes and could watch them fly over at a really low altitude. We could walk to the beach and also into Nelson city centre although we did decide to drive there for dinner. I would recommend Arrow Motel Apartments to anyone wanting friendly, clean and value for money accommodation in Nelson.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We had 2 nights here at the end of our tour around the South Island. Greeted by John at reception who also offered to help with our luggage to our upstairs unit. We were more than happy with the standard of our room, loved the skylights in the kitchen, bathroom and toilet. Okay the Motel is on the flight path but the flights start and end at a reasonable time of the day and I actually liked sitting in the lounge area and hearing the planes taking off and seeing them pass over through the kitchen skylight. Also we liked the fact that the owners are keen recyclers and have a double kitchen tidy with one side for waste and the other for recyclables. I would stay there again as the fact it was a short walk to the beach was a definite plus.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Clean well decorated room and kitchen area. Bathroom very clean and modern. Friendly helpful staff. We really enjoyed our stay here. Near the beach but quite a way from centre of town. The only drawback is proximity to the airport but planes are small and flights infrequent so it's not a major problem. Washing machine & dryer are free and daily paper complimentary. Great value motel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MargaretandAlex
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We stayed here on our last night of our trip as it was close to the airport and we wanted to treat ourselves after backpacking most of our trip

Everything was lovely, however, after I took a spa I noticed some small bumps on my shoulder, like insect bites. The following 24 hours, I had over 30 bites all over my arm and lines of them across my chest. I am still puzzled by this. This may have been from staying from backpacking lodges, but I am just stating this fact as I noticed these bites at this accommodation.

The beach and restaurants are a five minute walk away.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Kaikoura
Reviewed September 15, 2010

John & Angela,

Thank you for having us to stay - you are in a fantastic location with really comfortable and clean units on offer. It was so peaceful and the spa was delightful!
Thanks again, Kelly

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Dear John & Angela,

Thank you for looking after us during our short stay. It's nice to go to a place where the owners greet you with a genuine friendly smile & not just see you as $$$. I work for an international airline so travel plays a big part in my role and believe me Ive seen my fair share of dingy motels/apartments! Your place is definatley not one of them and I will recommend Arrow to all my colleagues, friends & family. We loved how we were able to kick back and relax then just head a stones throw away to everything we needed. Thank you for helping us find our car after a good night out! We will see you again......
Yvonne & Mike (Auckland)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Our family of 5 stayed for 3 nights in the "holiday house" recently. Although the house is like stepping back to the 1970's we were impressed with the spaciousness and amenities. Full laundry, 3 spacious bedrooms, large modern kitchen with sizeable table, separate large loungeroom with LCD TV, outdoor courtyard with BBQ, single garage with remote door, clothesline, etc, etc... The location is also good, being close to Taranui Beach (but when the tide is out you may have to walk for 10 mins to reach the water!) and not far to Nelson City. Considering the budget price, this accommodation was excellent value for money.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family