“Will stay again and recommend to others!”
Review of Midway Motel

Midway Motel
Midway Motel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Oamaru
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Lovely hosts, what we appreciated most of all was coming back late at night to a very warm motel, with the electric blanket turned on and the sleepwear in the bed warming up as well, amazing! it certainly made a difference coming in from the cold.......we always stay at this motel on our yearly trip to Oamaru, and will do so on any trips in between. Thank you to both Karen and Ken, your caring and warm personality makes our stay enjoyable. Pam & Barbara

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 22, 2013

room was clean and warm which were excellent and worth. One thing that made me really disappointed was that the lady said we booked the room was for 4 people and there were 5 beds in room and we had used all the beds, so she charged me an extra fee. Does it make sense? The problem was that she didn't notice me, she charged me without authorization. really disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

- lovely hosts - warm, friendly and super helpful
- clean, tidy rooms
- nice and quiet
- comfy bed
- great value for money
- good location
- Great facilities
- yummy fruit cake!!

Have stayed in many many places around the world and the midway defiantly ticks all the right boxes in regards to a comfy nights sleep.

See you next time!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Midway Motel. I had just come from the Dunedin hospital and was extremely ill with an ongoing heart condition. I was unsure as to whether I would be able to fly home, and went into hospital upon my arrival back. We were greeted by a smiling Karen, who was not only welcoming and hospitable, but ensured I had everything possible to make my night comfortable. Karen helped my husband with our luggage, and could not do enough for us. The Motel is situated off the main road, so was nice and quiet, pleasant and warm. Karen even presented us with home made cake which was appreciated. I made mention of my sore back, and Karen came to the room offering me a wheat pack, which really helped. Nothing was too much trouble for her, and although I was very ill, the Motel offered every comfort. Our stay was as pleasant as it could have been under the circumstances. The bed was amazing comfortable, and more importantly, the room was ultra clean, as was the linen and utensils. I would recommend this motel to anyone needing the clean comforts of home, as well as the wonderful caring nature of Karen, with whom I do not know how I would have got on without that night. Thank you for going the extra extra mile for us, and your Motel is top class to match your hospitality Karen. I have recommended your Motel to my family and friends, and hope to revisit it again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My sister & I had a great stay at the Midway Motels- in April,this year. Ken & Karen were perfect hosts & the accommodation was warm clean & the decor was lovely. We would Highly recommend a stay at these motels which are also great value for money for anyone visiting Oamaru

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our family stayed overnight at Midway Motel on our way home from Dunedin. The service we received was AWESOME. Karen went out of her way to make us feel at home & she brought us some cake when we arrived there. The place is just perfect, very well equipped, clean & tidy. Our family will for sure stay at Midway Park on our next holiday. Thank you so much Karen & Ken.

Room Tip: I'm sure any room is as perfect as the one we stayed in.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here overnight with my son. Karen went out of her way to make us welcome and positively enthused about Oamaru, which was a real breath of fresh air after a very long couple of days driving. The units are, very clean and well equiped, beds comfy, good heater and the cake Karen brought up to us when we arrived was delicious.
Midway motel is very well located, with several restaurants and take-aways very close. The room rate was very reasonable at $110 per night.
Traffic noise was minimal as the motel is set back from the road. I'd thoroughly recommmend this motel to travellers and tourists visiting the Oamaru area.
Keep up the great work Karen, you're just the sort of host we need to boost the NZ tourist industry !!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business