“Nice and calm but far from the city..”
Review of Le Meridien Jaipur

Le Meridien Jaipur
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Kookas
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Nice and calm but far from the city..”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Nice place to stay if you are ok traveling the distance. The proximity to the Amber fort makes it the best place to be. A short drive of 15 mins takes you back in history to the fort.
The hotel is large, clean and very well maintained with its lawns and fountains outside makes it look like a mini palace courtyard.
Food is delicious specially the Indian cuisine made with local flavors. Room service was quick and efficient.
This was a quick city-break from Mumbai and we would have loved to stay longer however, time dint permit. As I would have loved to visit the Spa (Which I never miss in a hotel) however, the Spa Menu looked very inviting with various services.
The Coffee Shop was mostly deserted but the Service levels were good. The other restaurants and bar in the Hotel looked very well kept specially the one near the pool with the "Meena Bazaar" at night was very interesting.
The rooms are large and very spacious. We were happy with all the extra vacant space in the room for all the shopping done!!! You can deffy have more than 2 sleeping comfortably in 1 room. The sleep quality was great!!
Having read a few bad reviews about this hotel, I was a little skeptical about my stay.. But i can say, its a nice and comfortable place to be if you don't mind the distance which is a good 30-45mins drive from the airport on the Delhi-Agra Expressway.
It deffy gives you the "peace of mind"!!!!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank wandering-thots
ashwaninayar, General Manager at Le Meridien Jaipur, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
Dear guest, We thank you for patronizing Le Meridien Jaipur for your stay. It was indeed a pleasure having you with us and sharing your valuable comments regarding your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to observe your positive comments which I would be sharing with our team as these are a great source of motivation for all of us. My team and I look forward to meet you in person on your next visit to the hotel. Please do give us a call, and we would be delighted to have you again with us.nce again, I wish to thank you for your encouraging feedback, which is invaluable for us. With warm regards, Ashwani Nayar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Good international standard hotel, with excellent rooms and bathroom size. Quitely located outside the town, far from the busy streets of Jaipur. Nice garden and pool area. Food was served buffet style but quite repetitive.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lalit7
ashwaninayar, General Manager at Le Meridien Jaipur, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting the review of your positive experience at Le Meridien Jaipur. It is a source of pride and motivation for our team to receive appreciation from our valuable guests. I have noted with concern your comments with regards to our buffet at restaurant, which was one of your off experience. It is our constant endeavor to exceed your expectations and to build a long-term relationship with valuable guest like yourself. I do hope that you will be able to put this one off experience deviation behind you and give us another opportunity to serve you. With regards, Ashwani Nayar
Delhi
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Enjoy Jaipur with this hotel and feel invited.
Staff was good and welcoming.
Food was very tasty. Continental and Indian food was served hot and fresh,
Good care for kids
Swimming pool is kept well.
Lot of space to move around.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time for giving us the feedback. I am delighted to observe your positive comments which I would be sharing with our team as these are a great source of motivation for all of us. My team and I look forward to meet you in person on your next visit to the hotel. Please do give us a call, and we would be delighted to have you again with us. Once again, I wish to thank you for your encouraging feedback.
With warm regards,
Ashwani Nayar
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We were upgraded to a cottage which was delightful but we were not given any service at all. No-one told us where the restaurant was or even where to take breakfast. We found half of the facilities were closed to residents as there seemed to be a private function going on. When we did find the restaurant, they seemed to be unable to take an order correctly or even tell us what was available. It was almost as though there was no-one in charge and the staff were trying to run the place without any management. We were very disappointed and it was by far the worst hotel service we experienced in our 16 day (7 hotel) tour of India.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your valuable comments regarding your experience at our hotel. I have noted your comments with regards to the hotel services, which did not meet your expectations. Whilst we always endeavour to provide a comfortable experience to our guests, sometimes when we hear of our shortcoming it becomes a matter of disappointment. However, let me assure you that we are addressing each issue with the highest concern as what happened in your case is not our usual and expected level of customer service. We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry. We do hope that you would be back to put this ‘one off’ incident behind and give us an opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to get in touch with me and I would be delighted to be at your service. With warm regards, Ashwani Nayar
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2011

The hotel is OK but nothing special. I believe Meridien should take a closer look at the property. I have stayed in Meridien's all over the world this hotel is definitely not up the a Meridein standard.
We were there for new year's eve 2010/11
Were obliged to pay for for the new year dinner and party which was an absolute horror.
Cheap food and a very very loud band playing horrible music followed by a disk jokey who must have been deaf. By 10pm all the hotel clients who were forced to pay for this dreadful evening had left to go to bed as we did. The worst new years eve I have ever had.
We sent laundry to be washed and when we asked the next day for it we were told that they did not know what I was talking about.!!! Then a manager came and told me that I must have made a mistake and forgotten the laundry in another hotel ( no joke ) I may be middle age but I am not senile ..... I responded.
I personally brought the laundry bag to the reception to make sure it would be taken care of that day. The receptionist insisted that I never brought her the bag.... 4 of us were together and agreed that it was given to that particular person.
After 2 hours the manager came back and informed us that he was very sorry but the laundry was lost and all he could do was to wave the cost of the bottle of wine we had for dinner. As we were leaving we had no other choice but to forget about our laundry.
We know for fact that the front desk staff was lying.
I get the feeling that no one really cares what happens to the clients as long as they pay.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank world-travel-experts
ashwaninayar, General Manager at Le Meridien Jaipur, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time for giving us the feedback regarding laundry service. We value our costumer and taken this with the team. Please accept my apologies for your stated unpleasant experience. I have also noted your comments with regards to the music during the New Year Evening function and Food which did not meet your expectations. Let me assure you that what happened in your case is not our level of customer service. We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry. We do hope that you would be back to put this one of your off incident behind and give us an opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to get in touch with me and I would be delighted to be at your service. With warm regards, Ashwani Nayar
klasf
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I really liked this hotel, but it's 20 km from the old city (about 30 min drive). It's pretty close to the Amber fort, but that's an easy day trip from Jaipur, so no need to stay all the way out there. It's a shame though, because the hotel is really nice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
ashwaninayar, General Manager at Le Meridien Jaipur, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us with regards to your recent stay at the hotel. Your appreciation of the hotel and your experience with us is a source of motivation for the entire team, I will be sharing these comments with them later this afternoon.
I do realize that you inconvinienced by the travelling distance from the hotel to the city sightseeing areas, however do allow me to mention that with the increased traffic conditions, that is normally the part of every emerging city, repeat guests to Jaipur have found our location to be a more comfortable haven as compared to city hotels as it provides a resort and getaway ambience after a days shopping / sightseeing in Jaipur.
I do personally look forward to welcoming you back and hope that your journeys in 2011 are a memorable experience with Starwood Hotels worldwide.
warm regards,
Ashwani Nayar
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We spent 3 nights here whilst visiting the sights in Jaipur. This was a nice hotel with good facilities, clean and modern bedrooms, swimming pool and gym. The downside was the restaurant where we ate on 1 night. The food was expensive for what it was and quite limited. I had a pizza but it wasn't an authentic pizza, quite disappointing. We had a bottle of Australian wine which was £30 a bottle. Also, the prices must have put off quite a few people as the restaurant was very quiet on all 3 nights that we were there so lacking atmosphere. Despite this I would stay at this hotel again as the staff were very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rrrsharon
ashwaninayar, General Manager at Le Meridien Jaipur, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Dear Guest, We thank you for patronizing Le Meridien Jaipur for your stay. It was indeed a pleasure having you with us and sharing your valuable comments regarding your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to observe your comments which I would be sharing with our team as these are a great source of motivation for all of us. My team and I look forward to meet you in person on your next visit to the hotel. Please do give us a call, and we would be delighted to have you again with us.Once again, I wish to thank you for your encouraging feedback, which is invaluable for us. With regards, Ashwani Nayar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kookas
Fairmont Jaipur
Trident, Jaipur
Trident, Jaipur
#16 of 381 in Jaipur
Taj Jai Mahal Palace Jaipur

Been to Le Meridien Jaipur? Share your experiences!