“Modern palace”

Fairmont Jaipur
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kookas
“Modern palace”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great care has been taken to create a property that recalls the achitecture and splendour of palace hotels across Rajasthan. The rooms are comfortable and opulent but the prize is the bathroom with its patterned flooring and giant marble tub.
Every artefact is chosen well, and the gardens are well laid out. The property is but a hear and months old, but will develop into a fine place to stay in.
The surrounding hills, the fact that the city is out of earshot, and its proximity to Amber Fort make Fairmont a welcome retreat or wedding/ conference destination.
There is a spa coming up, which should complete the exoerience.
Service needs upgrading, esoecially if there is an event to be handled; but the price is half of a regular palace hotel in the city, which is a decided plus!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the hills beyond.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Shagun_sethi, Director of Sales at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for appreciating the essence of what Fairmont Jaipur is all about - a modern palace built like a fort reminiscent of the glorious Mughal and Rajputs eras of yore! We take great pride in its unique architecture and decor.

I do hope you will return again very soon, as we have a lot more happening towards the latter half of the year and it would be great if I could have the opportunity to show you around some of these key developments- guaranteed to dramatically enhance the Fairmont experience for all our guests.

Thank you for your kind words & I look forward to welcoming you again.

Carpe diem!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We spent a week here on our honeymoon and were treated like royalty. The hotel is brand new and reminiscent of a Mughal palace. They have spared no expense and the property is exquisite. You're greeted by horn players from above the grand gate, receive flower garlands, a delicious welcome drink and I recommend the hotel tour.

Our beautiful room had a stunning view of the mountains and the hotel. It was one of the nicest bathrooms ever. The tub was divine! The bed and pillows delightful.

The service was superb. If I had one complaint, it might have been a bit much, particularly at the restaurant. But it's a good problem to have! Room service was also very reasonable.
The front desk were great at helping organize outings.

The gym is great and there is a full time trainer - so complimentary personal training sessions.
The pool is beautiful too.

It's a bit out of town, but that's how you get the peaceful mountain views. Just budget for cabs. Call for a metered taxi and its about 500r to old Jaipur.
Join fairmont presidents club for free and get free Internet.

Room Tip: Go for a mountain view. Unless there's a big event, then go for the quieter back side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JadeKuiters
Congratulations once more and we wish you a happy wedded life. It meant a lot to us to have you spend your honeymoon at Fairmont Jaipur. Our staff is looking forward to your return to celebrate your 1st Anniversary.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, they mean a lot to us, as we constantly strive to exceed our guest expectations!

Having discovered the delights of being a Fairmont President Club member, you will now be privy to a host of added benefits and exclusive privileges, which you can avail of at any Fairmont hotel worldwide, making this one of the most preferred guest loyalty programmes in the hospitality world today.

We wish you all the best & hope to see you soon.

Carpe diem!
Reviewed May 4, 2013

First, when we arrived at the hotel, i was not sure if i am actually looking for such a change. Since it seemed unusually crowded with people. Later as a relief, we were told that there are some wedding guests who shall leave by the next day, which was quite a relief.

The wow factor came when we entered our room which is not just made tastefully but was romantically done up specially for us (me n my wife), with cake, sparkling wine, chocolates, and rose petals.

The best part about our stay was the lounge we had on our floor which only fairmont gold room residents can enjoy. We had an awesomely relaxing time in the hotel.

Special thanks to the Satyajit (Manager) and Jill George (Lounge) and not to forget their team since i cannot recollect their names. Each one of them took great care of us and made our stay SUPERB!!!

Please go, if you have the opportunity. It ll make you like Jaipur even more.

Room Tip: I have only experienced the fairmont gold room and they were quite a treat. Do try and experience it...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank karanbehl
Thank you for choosing Fairmont Jaipur & we are delighted to know that we have succeeded in winning you over!

The hotel is located strategically near Amer Fort and at the foothills of The Aravali hills to give an ambiance of being in a modern day palace and a fortress by night… A lot of our guests prefer the hotel due to the location as it is away from hustle and bustle of the city.

We at Fairmont believe in turning moments into memories and we had taken particular care to ensure that your stay would be special. We do recommend our guests to stay at Fairmont Gold rooms as it has a superlative service design where throughout the day you can enjoy coffee, tea, an honor bar as well as a royal afternoon tea experience and complimentary evening canapés, in a tranquil atmosphere of relaxing comfort all at the comfort of the Gold Lounge with a breathtaking view of The Aravali hills.

Fairmont Jaipur has a lot more up its sleeve over the coming months and we welcome you to stay in touch with us over facebook and twitter. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife again to our hotel.

Carpe Diem!
Reviewed May 2, 2013

For Travellers doing the Golden Triangle in India ( Delhi, Agra and Jaipur - All 250 Kms apart), Jaipur for long was limited to few Heritage Hotels, Palaces converted into Hotels , most of which were within the hustle bustle of the city.

In this regard, the Fairmont property is a welcome alternative, for those who prefer quite and solitude. Commissioned around 9 months ago ( late 2012), the Hotel is appx 15 Kms from the City, on the Highway to Delhi. Built as a Palace, the architecture and the decor does make one feel as he is inside a Palace. Right from a Royal welcome, Rajasthani style to the beautifully decorated art , the regal ambience and the interiors in the room, the experience is very enriching.

The best thing that I found about the place was the very caring nature of the staff. Very polite and ever eager to help, yet non-interfering.

The property is very close to the Amber, Jaigarh and Nahargarh Fort.

Trips to City could be costly, if one were to avail the Hotel cars. My advice to travellers is to call for a Radio Cab which are relatively cheap, comfortable and well maintained.They need to be called with advance (owing to the distance) as they take abt 20- 25 mins to arrive.

The food is another highlight of the place. 2 New restaurants are on the verge of being opened, apart from private Villas, which will make the place more interesting.

All in all, a great chiller.

Room Tip: Preferably take a Higher Room. View wise the one with a view to the pool and overlooking the Meridia...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shashank_Chandra
Shagun_sethi, Director of Sales at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
We are thrilled to read that you loved your stay at Fairmont Jaipur!

We have received a lot of positive feedback on our unique décor and architecture, designed to portray us as a ‘modern day fort’ with the feel and touch of a luxurious Rajasthani palace.
Did you know that the all day dining restaurant – Zoya also has a special Rajasthani fare on the menu which was developed post an extensive research by a team of our specialist chefs along with the chefs of the Maharajas?!

Situated in the background of the Aravallis also gives us an advantage to cover more exciting activities like Elephant Polo, Hot Air Ballooning, Camel Safaris & many more… We do hope to see you back again so we can showcase more exciting opportunities for you to rediscover Jaipur.

Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Beautiful property with big spacious rooms and excellent service.
Ideal for family travel and value for money.The architecture and interiors is like a palace and make you feel like a royal.Though I was on a business trip so could enjoy the facilities of the hotel but I would highly recommend it to all my friends and fellow travelers going to Jaipur.

Room Tip: Suite rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anjum00
Thank you indeed for taking the time to write back and letting us know about your Fairmont experience. I hope you do return to the hotel with your family or friends as there is so much more to do in Jaipur!

Don’t forget to follow us on facebook and twitter for constant updates on news and features on our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Fairmont Jaipur!!
Pune
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is located 15 Km far from the Citi Jaipur and once we reached the welcome was really different compare to other hotel. It was like a Royal welcome with the Rose petals, Tilak and while playing shahnai (Musical Instrument). The hotel ambience is really good just like a palace of a King. All things have been designed in such way only. Rooms are big and bathrooms are also big and very good designed. The hotel staff is also cooperative dressed in like traditional Rajasthani only but sad point was that they don’t know properly regional Rajasthani language. I tried to speak with them as I am also Rajasthani only.
The swimming pool is also good and the view out of restaurant is very good. You can see the nature like hills and cool air blowing. You can definitely take a peace here. The breakfast quality was also good with lot of options.

Some small negative things are Lifts are very slow one will have to keep patience and secondly in bathroom the taps were not working properly for hot and cold water, I waited for long and I took bath and then suddenly hot water came.

Overall I will say that the hotel was more than expectation and one should visit the same out of city so that he can relax and have peace in mind.

Room Tip: One can opt for swimming pool view and on high floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kuldeep_M
Shagun_sethi, Director of Sales at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our efforts have paid off and it is indeed heartening to know that we have delivered over and above your expectations.

Nonetheless, I do apologise about the glitches you faced regarding the elevators & the hotel water- issues that we have already addressed and rectified to work to perfection!

You will be delighted to know that we have already embarked on a basic language training course in Rajasthani, as I am sure it will stand them in good stead, particularly because of Fairmont’s continuing dedication to ensure that every Fairmont hotel adapts the local culture. I do hope you tried out our authentic Rajasthani fare at Zoya which was put together by a team of our chefs who personally created this menu after an insightful road trip in the heart of Rajasthan

We do look forward to welcoming you back at Fairmont Jaipur.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hello friends...so my partner and me decided to have a quick get away and chose this new hotel in Jaipur... Faimont Hotels & Resorts do know how to arrive in style.
Being their first hotel in India, I think they have announced themselves royally!!!
Arrival in swanky BMWs which zip across the hustle bustle of the metro construction sites we felt extremely pampered and not to mention so very VIPish if you must say.
The hotel is like an oasis set amidst the aravalli hills and one can miss it as the hotel structure merges into the horizon.
The rooms are extremely modern and largest in the city ... I have stayed in all the other hotels too but this one was the best. king beds and smart flat screen tv's
I had a grand view from my room of the mountains and with the structure of the hotel I felt I'm in a Royal Fort!
The bathrooms are the USP ... Huge with his and her sinks, rain shower and a deep bath tub...guess it is their standard offering in all rooms.
They have a Faimont Fit offer which I heard about but since I'm not their loyalty program member I didn't get a chance to experience it...but if you are...you get ur own fitness gear in ur size ... Shoes, track pants, t shirts!!!!You get to keep it I hope.
The food at Zoya is Devine! The food portions are large and scrumptious meals on offer in the menu. Must try their Rajasthani dishes and Bikaneri Roti.
Their spa is expected to open soon but the interim arrangements weren't bad..my therapist made sure I was relaxed and I enjoyed it completely. The staff are warm and helpful and the housekeeping is so efficient. They made us cute swans with towels and filled our tubs every night with rose petals! I felt like a royal princess!
before I forget - on arrival we were welcomed with royal trumpets and flower shower....NOW that's LUXURY!!!!!

Room Tip: Take the deluxe rooms or signature rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Delhigirl8
We have obviously made an impression on you! Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to know that we have met your high expectations.

Ever since our opening in August of last year, we have constantly strived to deliver the highest possible standards of luxury, service and hospitality. We take great pride in knowing that we have been successful in our efforts and feedback from our guests are highly valued, as it always helps us to close any gaps we may have and even better our services, the next time around.

I would also like to take this opportunity to request you to join us on facebook and follow us on @twitter, where we are constantly in touch with our guests updating them on a regular basis, of upcoming events, detailed information on our culinary expertise, things to do at Fairmont Jaipur and exciting new developments, over the course of the year.

We are really looking forward to the opening on the Willow Stream Spa – India’s first and Fairmont’s Award winning spa brand and our crowning glory – the Villas- all set to up- the- ante when it comes to heightened luxury and personalized services, later this year. With additional outdoor activities and our signature restaurant also on the anvil, this year is indeed going to be exciting and I hope you will visit us again very soon, so that we have opportunity to surpass your expectations once again. I look forward to it and thank you once again for your support.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kookas
Lohagarh Fort Resort Jaipur
The Oberoi Rajvilas
The Oberoi Rajvilas
#1 of 380 in Jaipur
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,344 reviews

Been to Fairmont Jaipur? Share your experiences!