“Royal...”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kookas
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Royal...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Beautiful property with big spacious rooms and excellent service.
Ideal for family travel and value for money.The architecture and interiors is like a palace and make you feel like a royal.Though I was on a business trip so could enjoy the facilities of the hotel but I would highly recommend it to all my friends and fellow travelers going to Jaipur.

Room Tip: Suite rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anjum00
Shagun_sethi, Director of Sales at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you indeed for taking the time to write back and letting us know about your Fairmont experience. I hope you do return to the hotel with your family or friends as there is so much more to do in Jaipur!

Don’t forget to follow us on facebook and twitter for constant updates on news and features on our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Fairmont Jaipur!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Indonesian first
Pune
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is located 15 Km far from the Citi Jaipur and once we reached the welcome was really different compare to other hotel. It was like a Royal welcome with the Rose petals, Tilak and while playing shahnai (Musical Instrument). The hotel ambience is really good just like a palace of a King. All things have been designed in such way only. Rooms are big and bathrooms are also big and very good designed. The hotel staff is also cooperative dressed in like traditional Rajasthani only but sad point was that they don’t know properly regional Rajasthani language. I tried to speak with them as I am also Rajasthani only.
The swimming pool is also good and the view out of restaurant is very good. You can see the nature like hills and cool air blowing. You can definitely take a peace here. The breakfast quality was also good with lot of options.

Some small negative things are Lifts are very slow one will have to keep patience and secondly in bathroom the taps were not working properly for hot and cold water, I waited for long and I took bath and then suddenly hot water came.

Overall I will say that the hotel was more than expectation and one should visit the same out of city so that he can relax and have peace in mind.

Room Tip: One can opt for swimming pool view and on high floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kuldeep_M
Shagun_sethi, Director of Sales at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our efforts have paid off and it is indeed heartening to know that we have delivered over and above your expectations.

Nonetheless, I do apologise about the glitches you faced regarding the elevators & the hotel water- issues that we have already addressed and rectified to work to perfection!

You will be delighted to know that we have already embarked on a basic language training course in Rajasthani, as I am sure it will stand them in good stead, particularly because of Fairmont’s continuing dedication to ensure that every Fairmont hotel adapts the local culture. I do hope you tried out our authentic Rajasthani fare at Zoya which was put together by a team of our chefs who personally created this menu after an insightful road trip in the heart of Rajasthan

We do look forward to welcoming you back at Fairmont Jaipur.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hello friends...so my partner and me decided to have a quick get away and chose this new hotel in Jaipur... Faimont Hotels & Resorts do know how to arrive in style.
Being their first hotel in India, I think they have announced themselves royally!!!
Arrival in swanky BMWs which zip across the hustle bustle of the metro construction sites we felt extremely pampered and not to mention so very VIPish if you must say.
The hotel is like an oasis set amidst the aravalli hills and one can miss it as the hotel structure merges into the horizon.
The rooms are extremely modern and largest in the city ... I have stayed in all the other hotels too but this one was the best. king beds and smart flat screen tv's
I had a grand view from my room of the mountains and with the structure of the hotel I felt I'm in a Royal Fort!
The bathrooms are the USP ... Huge with his and her sinks, rain shower and a deep bath tub...guess it is their standard offering in all rooms.
They have a Faimont Fit offer which I heard about but since I'm not their loyalty program member I didn't get a chance to experience it...but if you are...you get ur own fitness gear in ur size ... Shoes, track pants, t shirts!!!!You get to keep it I hope.
The food at Zoya is Devine! The food portions are large and scrumptious meals on offer in the menu. Must try their Rajasthani dishes and Bikaneri Roti.
Their spa is expected to open soon but the interim arrangements weren't bad..my therapist made sure I was relaxed and I enjoyed it completely. The staff are warm and helpful and the housekeeping is so efficient. They made us cute swans with towels and filled our tubs every night with rose petals! I felt like a royal princess!
before I forget - on arrival we were welcomed with royal trumpets and flower shower....NOW that's LUXURY!!!!!

Room Tip: Take the deluxe rooms or signature rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Delhigirl8
We have obviously made an impression on you! Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to know that we have met your high expectations.

Ever since our opening in August of last year, we have constantly strived to deliver the highest possible standards of luxury, service and hospitality. We take great pride in knowing that we have been successful in our efforts and feedback from our guests are highly valued, as it always helps us to close any gaps we may have and even better our services, the next time around.

I would also like to take this opportunity to request you to join us on facebook and follow us on @twitter, where we are constantly in touch with our guests updating them on a regular basis, of upcoming events, detailed information on our culinary expertise, things to do at Fairmont Jaipur and exciting new developments, over the course of the year.

We are really looking forward to the opening on the Willow Stream Spa – India’s first and Fairmont’s Award winning spa brand and our crowning glory – the Villas- all set to up- the- ante when it comes to heightened luxury and personalized services, later this year. With additional outdoor activities and our signature restaurant also on the anvil, this year is indeed going to be exciting and I hope you will visit us again very soon, so that we have opportunity to surpass your expectations once again. I look forward to it and thank you once again for your support.
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Was very curious and looking forward to the stay at newly opened Fairmont Jaipur.
It was nice to be greated by an Elephant and rosepetals on the head. After a very long journey and no sleep I only had one wish to relax 2 hours before leaving Hotel again.
But Hotel has more an Arabic charme than indian and it took ages before my luggage arrived. Called Concierge after 30 minutes. There were only few guests staying in the Hotel and luggage should have arrived almost immediatly - but no sign. By opening the curtains there was a mountain view - which I never expected and a large pool and 17km distance to City center - which means something over 45 minutes or more.
Finally the luggage arrived, wanted to lay down, but doorbell rang, it was room service and wanting to make the room... than somebody else rang the bell and wanted to give advise - but all I wanted was some rest.
The room although very spacious had little charme, all brand new and somehow lacking the inspiring Indian charme. Felt lost in the gigantic bathroom and was always in search of something.Less pompous is more.
Breakfast was not very exiting, personal needs more training and the Hotel needs more guests for faster service. Had booked for 3 nights but left after first night. Traveling back and forth in the evening is an issue. Transfers from City Hotel (Lalit) to Fairmont cost US $ 58 one way.
A day later I tried to reach the Fairmont Hotel by telephone, as I had forgotten my trousers, but there was no way to connect with the hotel, Telephone Line was always busy, so in the end I had 3 people and the concierge calling the Fairmont until Midnight without getting through.
We also called the Le Meridien Hotel - which is just next to the FAIRMONT Hotel, they said it is the only number they have - but the Telephone did not work.
Being far out and not able to reach Hotel by phone, meant I had to go there myself. Luckily the trousers were still there.
It certainly needs better trained personal to make this an ultimate experience. To find a bit of typical Indian Ambience, such as buzzlings stalls and shops etc. one has to take a taxi and go to City Center.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
At the onset I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. We have made note on your feedback on our baggage handling and having investigated the same, we have incorporated new measures to avoid such instances in the future.

Our staff are highly trained to be sensitive to our guests needs - a rule that we adhere to, ensuring our guests’ privacy are constantly maintained, As a practice we do have one of our staff members meet the guest once they check-in to familiarize them with the room & regret if the same caused you inconvenience.

There was an ongoing issue with the telephone service provider in the area which has been resolved. Our lost and found department does keep a track of all items left behind by the guests and we are happy that you found your belongings.

I hope you will give us another opportunity and return to stay with us. I personally will ensure that your next stay will be truly memorable. It will also give me the opportunity to share with some of the better kept secrets behind the Royal lifestyles of yore!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Fabulous atmosphere surrounds you as you take in the sites of this wonderful city and this hotel serves as the perfect home base with a central location and excellent service.attention gainin was cookin classes by chef Mridul.He seems to b excellent at his work.n I appreciate hIs ways n comunication skills. Definitely worth the stay!! Would love. To visit agAiN...!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your valued feedback. Your kind words only motivate us to do better each time! We have passed on your appreciation to Chef Mridul and we look forward to seeing you again at Fairmont Jaipur!

I would like to request you to also follow us on facebook and @twitter for constant updates on what’s happening at the hotel, including some exciting new developments like the award winning Willow Stream Spa (also Fairmont’s signature Spa brand), set to open later this year as well as the Fairmont Villas – a new word in luxury and heightened personal services. Our signature Indian restaurant Zarin is also sprucing herself for a grand opening in the latter half of 2013 and we are planning on a whole new set of activities for our guests to enthrall them, over the coming months.

I look forward to your next visit to Fairmont Jaipur.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, great rooms, spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated. Service was great throughout, front desk, restaurant and the lovely concierge who helped us plan our day trips. The hotel is located 15 minutes drive to the City but we enjoyed the location as peaceful and relaxing way to start and end the days and away from the dusty city! Once the spa is open I will definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shagun_sethi, Director of Sales at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We aim to please & your appreciation means a lot to the hotel & our staff as such kind words only motivate us to strive for perfection!

Fairmont Jaipur is also poised for bigger and more exciting things later this year and I urge you to follow us on facebook and twitter@fairmontjaipur, so that you will be constantly updated on our new developments as and when they happen. We are delighted to share with you that the spectacular Fairmont’s signature and much celebrated spa brand - Willow Stream Spa with its lavish 12 treatment rooms specializing in therapeutic and energizing treatments is set to open shortly.

In addition, we are also looking at another interesting addition to Fairmont Jaipur’s repertoire- The Fairmont Villas a superlative service experience with private pools and the spectacular views of the majestic Aravalli’s in the horizon.

We hope to have you back with us and share our pride in being Fairmont’s flagship property in India.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont for 3 days with a family of 4 on their wine and dine package, which included free transfers, a extra room for the kids and breakfast and dinner....and wooooooow what an experience! We have never stayed in a hotel where we were spoilt more. The trumpets announce your arrival before you get doused in flower petals. The property is old Indian style but newly built with all the mod cons. The hotel is out of town and provides an incredible oasis after a day in the city of Jaipur. The rooms are big and beautifully furnished with incredible bathrooms, large windows and a beautiful view of the Jaipur hills. We got free internet access. Housekeeping is incredible and provided us with the most amazing towel art I have ever seen, ranging from elephants, to swans, to hearts etc...they ran the bath for us in the evening and filled it with rose petals and we weren't even on our honeymoon. The hotel has only been open for 9 months, so they are running on 1 restaurant still (but will change very soon with the opening of a specialised Muglai cuisine restaurant) but the staff were extremely well trained and the chef, Shivam, was prepared to cook anything we desired. He would come and talk to us to make sure that all our needs were met and that the food was up to scratch. Their five senses chocolate desert is out of this world. The chef also sent customised biscuits to the children's bedroom so they could have a snack in the afternoon. The attention to detail was non-stop. We had a 2 hour free cooking class with the Indian chef, Mridul, who showed us how to make naan bread and a proper butter chicken curry. I learned more about Indian cuisine in 2 hours than I learnt in my entire life. The pool deck was sizeable but could do with a little more finishing off - the hotel is building a huge spa complex in front of the pool (no noise impact - outer structure is finished) and once this is done, the pool area should be furnished a little more so it feels cosier. If I were to find any criticism, I would say that the breakfast buffet needs a little more attention as the standard did not match the 6 star service elsewhere. Would I come back here? Without a shadow of a doubt - It is India at its very best!

Room Tip: I don't think they have any bad rooms in this hotel.... It is a beautiful property with incredi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Poessing
atul_lall, General Manager at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your valued feedback.

It is indeed heartening to read your review and to know that we have succeeded to meet your high expectations, on every aspect of your stay with us. We consistently strive to deliver high standards of service and hospitality to all our guests, not just in mere words, but (and more importantly) with our actions too and I am extremely delighted to read that every step of the way, we have not disappointed you.

As rightfully mentioned by you, we do have some areas around the hotel that are being completed but towards the latter half of this year we will have a lot more exciting options for leisure & business travelers alike - exciting times ahead and I would like to ask you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates

I have also taken a serious note of your point regarding the buffet breakfast and will ensure that immediate steps are taken to rectify this. I apologize if this in any way, inconvenienced you.

It was an honor to have you stay with us and I hope it will not be too long before you plan to visit us again.

Thank you once again for taking the effort to write back to us and I look forward to welcoming you again to Fairmont Jaipur.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kookas
Lohagarh Fort Resort Jaipur
The Oberoi Rajvilas
The Oberoi Rajvilas
#1 of 377 in Jaipur
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,322 reviews

Been to Fairmont Jaipur? Share your experiences!