“6 months still work to be done”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fairmont Jaipur

Fairmont Jaipur
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kookas
Montreal, Canada
“6 months still work to be done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

At first glance I would have given a 6 if possible...but after 5 days there were a few things that stick out at this spectacular 5 star property..Pool not heated very cold....Spa advertised opening soon (March) will be opened early 2014 so they say..Food was excellent and service was great as well.
Beautiful room but lower floors get a sewer spell coming from the bathroom..Other guests told me that their shower is continuously clogged ..it was the case with us as well . WiFi Excellent...If they keep working at it should be a solid 5..Also far from city centre 30 minutes

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paolo1005
atul_lall, General Manager at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valued feedback.

I have taken your concerns up with my team and we are looking into the issue of the sewer smell, in the lower floor rooms. I must admit though that to date, we have not encountered any such smell in this area but nevertheless, will do a thorough investigation on the matter and will have it resolved as a priority. We are also looking into the issue of the blocked drains (in the shower) and assure you that this has already been corrected.

I am pleased to know though, that you did have a memorable stay with us, despite the minor glitches and I am confident that should you decide to give us the honor of staying with us again, I am confident that you will give us a complete 6 star rating!

Please do let me know when you next plan to visit us and I will personally ensure that your next stay with us will be one you will truly cherish.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Indonesian first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review on my last day at this beautifull property for a wedding. The room is beautiful but wait until you see the bathroom!! Friendly and professional service and the food is just the best i have ever tasted in my life especially when it comes to desserts! Thumbs up for the excutive chef!! The property is a bit far from the city but definitely worth the visit if you want to relax and have a peaceful vacation. All the best Fairmont Jaipur staff!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Salwa A
Thank you for your valued feedback. I am delighted that we have met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us.

We constantly strive to deliver to the best of our guests’ expectation and it is rewarding to hear from them when we have succeeded in our mission.

Chef Anurag too is delighted that you found our cuisine way beyond your expectations & of course, our unique and delightfully sinful signature desserts are a constant talking point for many of our guests!

We aim to consistently meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and feedback always helps us to strive to do even better the next time around.

I do hope you will visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you.
Gurgaon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights. Built like a palace, the hotel has a very nice decor and an awesome view of Aravalli. The rooms are big and comfortable. There is a nice spa... the pool is nice too. The staff is very helpful. However, there are quite a few teething problems. The bathroom fittings are not great. The knob of my wardrobe was broken. There were problems in the phone. The room lights are connected to the bathroom lights. It is not possible to switch on the bathroom lights without switching on the room lights. No in-room dining menu. Connectivity of internet and cellphone is pathetic. I was there to attend an official conference. The bathrooms were definitely not equipped for that. There is a huge bathtub in the middle which is unlikely to be used by anybody trvelling on business. The space to have shower is really small. It is not possible to close the bathroom doors. There is a problem with the cooling system as well. The hotel is very far from the city, airport and the railway station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Arghya M
Thank you for your valued feedback and at the onset I wish to apologise for the inconvenience you faced during your last stay with us.

I would like to assure you that the teething issues we had have had recently, have been looked into in detail and effectively resolved. We have had a few of our guests mention about the poor internet connectivity and the matter has been taken up with the service provider as a top priority and I am confident that this will be rectified, in the coming days.

As a business guest, your feedback is particularly valued as we endeavor to ensure that all our guests, whether travelling on business or leisure, finds our hotel up to the highest levels of standards, in terms of efficiency, hospitality, services and facilities offered. I have taken your concerns regarding business facilities, into serious consideration and you will be pleased to know that we have already added to the existing facilities and services we offer this segment and I would like to request you to consider visiting us again, so I can personally handle your requirements and ensure that they are met – perhaps even exceed your expectations.

Overall, I am pleased to know that we have still made a positive impression on you and look forward to welcoming you again to the Fairmont Jaipur.
Ajmer, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here to celebrate our Anniversary recently. The hotel has a Mughal/Rajput architecture and must commend on their attention to detail. We felt very welcomed throughout our stay. The staff had been informed about our anniversary and they very kindly placed a complimentary bottle of wine and a sumptuous cake in the room. The hotel seemed a bit empty since there weren't too many guests. Their restaurant, tea lounge, bar are all very elegantly designed. The food was amazing and when we returned to our room after the dinner, they had decorated the room with rose petals which was lovely. One of the best things was that when the valet brought our car to the porch, it was cleaned. We have stayed in numerous 5 star properties but no one takes the pain to clean the guest cars. Overall, a highly recommended property.

Room Tip: Must opt for Deluxe Rooms or higher since they overlook the beautiful pool and aravalli hills
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted that our efforts to ensure that you had a memorable stay have been highly appreciated.

We derive great comfort and encouragement from our guests’ comments and we are constantly striving to ensure their comforts are given utmost importance and endeavor to always exceed their expectations, so that they will genuinely benefit from an unforgettable Fairmont experience.

It was indeed an honor to have you stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Attended a wedding at this property recently. The wedding party had taken over a significant part of the hotel.

The good points:
1. Large modern property
2. Large spacious room
3. Excellent food during our wedding events
4. Excellent service from the chefs and waiters.
5. Comfortable beds

The bad points:
1. The rooms are already falling apart or built badly - between everyone i knew, we had leaking/blocked sinks, toilet seats falling off, missing glass on coffee tables, broken bins, bad lighting etc
2. Inconsistent service in the rooms - no shower caps, or other amenities in some rooms, others having more.
3. Despite having the 'do not disturb' sign on - housekeeping staff kept walking in and out
4. The swimming pool is an odd small shape, despite the amount of space available and for a hotel this size, would expect it to be larger
5. The interior of the hotel feels a bit cold, especially given it was winter.
6. During our entire visit the air conditioning in the rooms was not working properly. They had apparently switched off the cooling - why would they do that? The rooms got so hot, and no one really had an answer or solution.
7. Two showers, no power. Complete waste and given this is a new hotel you would expect better.

Overall - this is a new property that is going to wear and tear very quickly as the finishes and materials used are poor. I hope they improve the service in the rooms.

This is not in the league of Rambagh or Jai Mahal in any sense!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you faced during your recent stay with us. I have investigated into the various issues you mention above and would like to assure you that corrective action has already taken place. We ensure that all rooms follow stringent checks before the guest arrival, to ensure maximum comfort and that all areas of the guest room are functional, well equipped and maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
It is indeed unfortunate that you experienced issues with the air conditioning- which by the way has been corrected, as well as the water pressure problem (this issue was particular to your room and has been effectively rectified).

I do hope that you will give us the chance to welcome you once again to the Fairmont Jaipur as I will personally take care of ensuring that your next stay with us is more enriching & memorable.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Fairmont for 2 nights. Good property with a great pool (though we didn't use it). The service deserves a mention as the staff is really helpful. I got addressed by my name more than at any other hotel, the barman remembers your drink and more of such small touches. The breakfast lacks variety but am sure they will work on that as more feedback comes in. Will certainly come back.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank karanbhagi
atul_lall, General Manager at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know that you enjoyed you stay with us.

We highly value our guests’ responses and I am delighted that you found us up to your expectations. Our biggest awards are what our guests tell us about ourselves and their experiences and we take great pleasure in knowing that your stay was memorable.

I am pleased to inform you that Fairmont Jaipur is poised for bigger things this year and I highly appreciate your continued support and look forward to welcoming you again to the hotel.

Best wishes.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont for a few days. The staff is amazing at this hotel. We really enjoyed our stay. If you are thinking of staying at this hotel note that it takes approximately 30 minutes to get to the "pink city". We look forward to returning to the Fairmont Jaipur!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelstyle060
atul_lall, General Manager at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, February 15, 2013

Best wishes.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kookas
Lohagarh Fort Resort Jaipur
The Oberoi Rajvilas
The Oberoi Rajvilas
#1 of 376 in Jaipur
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,319 reviews

Been to Fairmont Jaipur? Share your experiences!