“A break from the crowd” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur

Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kookas
Sydney, Australia
“A break from the crowd”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Oh what bliss. This really is a place to get away from it all. Accomdation outstanding and so spacious. Loved our own private pool and garden. It really felt like your own home. Food was excellent and I loved the personal touch when it came to deciding your menu choice. I loved the sound of farming life going on around you and driving through the village on the way there. It was such a pity we were only there for 2 nights as I would have loved to have spent more time on the activities they provided.i would recommend that you put one day aside just too enjoy this lovely oasis.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

It's always nice to read reviews where a guest has enjoyed all that we offer - the ambience at the Resort; the cuisine; the service levels; the activities around us. I do appreciate your very kind words and am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us.

Yes - I couldn't agree with you more. While two nights are adequate to fit in the sights of Jaipur, that extra night would allow guests to enjoy and experience all that we offer in our immediate surroundings, which other city hotels don't - Teach A While; Meet The Family; Joy With Your Elephant; The Potters Story; The Chef in You - the options are endless. This could actually, be another reason for you to come back to us !

Thank you once again for taking the time in sharing your experience with a wider audience.

Himmat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Having read all the other reviews on here I can only agree with every positive comment! My husband and I were lucky enough to stay at the Tree of Life for 8 whole days! Every day was a joy! The food is out of this world and as vegetarians we were spoilt for choice. I know some people felt that the food is expensive - but seriously? Where would you get food of this quality - cheap is not always best! I can't recommend this place highly enough, it is an oasis of calm so we were able to visit Jaipur but return to utter peace. After eating in town I felt unwell and the staff were so worried about me and did everything to help me feel better! The seclusion of the villas makes you feel really special - a really romantic break! Brilliant!

Room Tip: Any villa is superb - we stayed in a villa that gave lovely views half way up the hill
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

It always give me and the team great satisfaction to read reviews like yours where guests return after a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your Tree of Life experience with others.

8 days is a considerably long stay and I am sure this gave you the time to interact and absorb not only what the Tree of Life offers, but also all that is around our immediate surroundings - something that you would not get in a regular city hotel.

Thank you also for your kind words on our cuisine and service staff who looked after you while at the Resort. The Tree of Life grows with references of friends, one to the other, and I am sure that we will have some of your friends with us in the future.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Tree of Life is an oasis of rest. It is situated at the end of a dusty track but is a wonderful property of charming villas. Complete privacy and very spacious. We were lucky to be ungraded with a villa with a large sitting room with all modern hifi etc, a huge bedroom with four poster bed, a massive bathroom and our own private swimming pool and Jacuzzi. What a place. The restaurant was great too, as the chef comes to your villa each evening to tailor your meals to suit your taste. The restaurant staff are so friendly and attentive, and nothing is too much trouble. The service is amazing. We spent 25 days touring India but we can honestly say this was the highlight (accommodation wise) of our trip. We were so sad we were only staying 2 nights here, we would have loved to stay longer. We would recommend this venue to anyone who is thinking of going to India.

Room Tip: All the villas are excellent.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Putting the Tree of Life in your "out of this world" category is an absolute delight for us and also puts a huge responsibility to maintain this for our future guests. Thank you ever so much for your very kind words and appreciation, which coming from a well-seasoned traveller like you, mean even so much more.

I do agree - while two nights are just about adequate, an additional night would allow you to do more than just the regular sight seeings - our Special Events like the Chef in You; Meet The Family; Teach A While; Joy With Your Elephant and more, which no other hotel in Jaipur offers. These then could be a reason for you to come back to us for a second stay !

Thank you also for appreciating our cuisine and service, which my amazing team will be delighted to read.

We do look forward to having you back at the Tree of Life, should travel bring you to Jaipur.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

rn left said the google maps towards a small village road and I could sense that I am heading for something exciting . A narrow but well laid serpentine road offered my kids real fun as it was a sort of a roler coaster ride with sharp ups n downs .. there was no scepticism about the property as I had read reviews on TripAdvisor but what I read was less than what I got. Right from the patio to the lotus pond to the reception .. the welcome drink n cool towels .. friendly smiles from smartly dressed and really courteous staff, it was picture perfect. On completion of formalities I was escorted to my villa and there I realised what does luxury of space mean. The living room, the bedroom, dressing area or bathroom everything was palatial with all amenities of a 5 star hotel.. I must compliment himmat for the efforts put to make it picture perfect.the personal garden, outdoor personal spa, bathing tub, bathing area and the front lawns all added to the joy of staying there. One must not miss a visit to the ganesha abode as the ganesha idols there are very unique.a cool dip in the infinity pool or sitting and strolling barefoot in the lush green lawns, I loved it all. Looking at the menu I initially found it expensive n limited choice but when I ordered n tasted the food it was worth the money .. the best part was visit by the chef and customization of my dinner and next day breakfast as per my choice.. I must also compliment himmat for devising a dining concept which is unique in itself. It is neither buffet nor ala carte.. it provides just the right portion of everything one usually eats and at the same time prevent food wastage. The food served is really yum.. overall a heaven in the middle of nowhere. A must visit place

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank NikhilDhingra
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Tree of Life experience with a wider audience. I do appreciate your very kind words about us.

Yes, space and privacy are the 'new luxury' and that was on top of my mind while building the Resort. It is also for this reason that I decided not be in the crowds and noise of the city but a little away and still close enough. With just 13 Villas in 7 acres of land, the Tree of Life does offer it's guests just what they are looking for.

As with everything else, we are small and selective. Our menus do not go into pages but the Chef will be more than glad to cook up something of your personal preference even if it is not on the menu. For us, freshness of food is extremely important and I am sure you would have noticed this in the high quality that we offer.

All of what we provide, would not have been possible without the total commitment and involvement of my wonderful team and I am sure that they will be equally delighted to read your review.

We do look forward to having you back with us for another wonderful Tree of Life experience.

Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Boy, did I really want to rate this place 5 stars. The property is fantastic - a small, charming number of villas on site, great outdoor areas within each villa, the massages were great, and the meals from the restaurant in the evening were superb as well.

You can trailor your meals and ask for specifics dishes, and the chef comes out to your villa each evening to ask whether you'll be dining at the restaurant and discusses options for the meal in the evening. This was the exact place to unwind and relax we were looking for after a frantic week in Delhi.

So, why on earth did I give this place three stars? Well, here's why - the last morning before we were leaving, we had breakfast at the restaurant. They have a good selection of cold cuts and fuit, as well as the option for hot breakfast items, omelettes, that sort of thing. The challenge was - my omelette on the second day had a piece of glass in it. No, I'm not kidding. Not sure how that happened - the staff of course apologised profusely, but it still wasn't particularly pleasant.

However, I probably would be back to this place in a heartbeat; it's a fanstatic alternative to some of the more 'sterile' major hotels in Kookas, and nestled amongst a fantastic area to explore, walk, and even interact with some of the villagers in the areas surrounding Kookas.

Room Tip: If you're in to having a bit of kitsch or a view of classic Indian bureaucracy at work, stay in...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

I have just read your review and am in disbelief - how could my team ever let happen what has happened?! I find an apology and whatever else from my side to be totally inadequate. To say the least - I am ashamed as this is not what the Tree of Life is meant to be. I can only assure you that I will get to the bottom of this and find out how it happened.

Having said that - you have been very gracious with your comments and experience on your stay with us and I thank you for your kind words about what the Resort offers. Yes, we do believe in taking 'personal experiences' to the next level and the Chef's daily interaction with you is one such effort.

In addition to this, are the calm and serene surroundings of the Resort which lend a magical charm to itself.

I do look forward to having you back with us, should travel bring you back to Jaipur.

Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I do not know where to start with this review.
If you thought that Shangrila was in the Himalayas, Think again, it is in Jaipur!
This is a small complex of about 15 beautifully appointed bungalows with exery conceivable ammenity.
The service is quite unbelievable, polite in the extreem,
The Restaurant is fantastic and the food divine.
The Spa is so relaxing and massages are so relaxing.
This is not realy a place for kids or smokers, it is such a relaxing, quiet environment.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Reading a review like yours, is always a huge inspiration for the team and me to continue to deliver out-standing experiences for those who stay with us. Thank you ever so much for your very kind words and appreciation of all that we do at the Tree of Life.

It has not been easy to find the right balance between luxury and our natural surroundings and I am glad that you found value in what has been created.

We do look forward to having you back with us for another Tree of Life 'Shangrila' experience.

Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our hill-top villa was very spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated.The setting, the grounds and the pool were rural and delightful. We found the reception area and the restaurant a bit more spartan and unwelcoming. Breakfasts were good but limited. We had dinner on the first night which was excellent, as were the staff and service, but it was so expensive we did not return.

Our biggest disappointment was the lack of hot water in our villa. Several attempts by the maintenance staff to fix it achieved nothing. Management did then offer us a change of villa, but we felt that we didn't want to spend our precious time moving villas. It subsequently became apparent that this was a known problem with this villa in winter, so why were we put in it in the first place? Without hot water, our outdoor bath was pointless.

At the prices charged we found this situation disappointing, which took the gloss off our overall experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience on your recent stay at the Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur.

I am of course also disappointed to read that we did not fully meet with your expectations, as we have of the so many other guests who have stayed with us. Having said that, I am glad you enjoyed the quality of the cuisine and the service. Our a'la carte main courses start from Rs.900/ upwards and the fixed menu dinners start from Rs.1,500/ - given the quality and attention to service detail, it is indeed difficult for us price our food any lower.

We very unfortunately had a problem with the hot water pipes in a section of the Resort during your stay and two Villas were effected with very hot water not reaching there. It took us a couple of days till the matter was resolved. We could at best, change the Villa for you and the same was offered. I am indeed very sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you and took away from your otherwise pleasant stay with us.

I do appreciate your taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.

Himmat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kookas
Lohagarh Fort Resort Jaipur
Jaipur Marriott Hotel
Jaipur Marriott Hotel
#17 of 376 in Jaipur
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,620 reviews

Been to Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur? Share your experiences!