“Very nice resort near Jaipur”

Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kookas
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We spent three nights with a group.Very nice clean & calm large area. Pool very good. Excellent indian and continental food. Breakfast delicious but selection limited compared to first class hotels. Very friendly staff but from location about one hours drive to Jaipur.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us during your recent visit over Holi. Thank you for your kind words and appreciation.

I understand that while you found our cuisine to be excellent, our breakfast offering feel short of your expectations. We would certainly like to make amends to this and I shall indeed be grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more on this to me on himmat@treeofliferesorts.com I do thank you for taking the time to do so.

Yes, this sort of space and calm will not be there if we were to be a city centre hotel. Many of our guests appreciate the Resort for being away from the noise and crowds - we are just 20-25 minutes away from Amber Fort and 35 minutes from the City Palace and Palace of Winds. I guess it does take a bit longer if one is travelling by coach instead of a car.

We do look forward to having you back with us, should travel bring you to Jaipur again.

There are newer reviews for Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My Wife, 7yr old daughter and I stayed here at the end Feb. Now weve been around, stayed in some of the top best hotels around the World. And I can say without any hesitation that this was one of our favourites. It was our first time in India and so alot of time was taken researching before booking. I had orginally chosen the Oberoi, but unfortunately (for them and not us) it was fully booked. I took one look at the pic of the pool villa on the internet and fell in love, it didn't disappoint.

The Villa is cleverly designed, balancing style and comfort. Large living room with a great daybed large enough for our 7yr old, beautiful bedroom with wonderful french doors leading to swimming pool (wont forget that) and a massive bathroom. Then add a perfect front and back garden with swimming pool We couldve lived in it!

Food as previoulsy mentioned, is exceptional. What i found so unique is that the chef discusses the menu in your room before you eat, and even if you dont like what they have prepared, you can choose something else. And whether you like Indian food or not, everything we ate was great.

The staff are also excellent. Always smiling, always polite but not overattentive and I can tell you that is not easy to achieve.

We only tried the main swimming pool once, but unfortunately it was just too cold to swim in!
Even in 26 degress temp, maybe they can heat it?

Also tried the spa (yes we did it all!) It was very nice, but not the best massage ive ever heard.

To set the record straight, the resort is about 20mins from Jaipur, but not the main Pink city which is about 40mins drive. So you are pretty far out. But to be honest, it was all lovely to come back to after the 'crazyness' of the city

If I had one niggle or more advice, it would be that they really need to make an attempt to try and clean the approach to the resort. Now I know the problems in India with rubbish collection, but nobody wants to see piles of litter, rubble and dead carcases strewn across the road when approaching a 5 star resort. However, as we were leaving I did see a new road being put down so hopefully they are already onto it.

Finally, a special thanks to the owner Himmat. He organised a number of trips for us, nothing ever seemed too much trouble. And Himmat we didnt miss our connecting flight, in fact it actually arrived early. Maybe a first in India!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank gedLondon
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have met with the three of you during your one week stay with us at the Tree of Life. Thank you so much for taking the time in sharing your experience with a wider audience in such a detailed manner.

It is not often that we get guests staying with us for as long as you did. However, in having done so, it did give you that wonderful experience of not just doing the regular sight seeings, but also experience a lot of that which happens in the immediate surroundings of our village with the school children, our friendly neighbours and activities such as The Chef In You.

I do appreciate your kind words about my wonderful team, who were equally delighted to interact with you and be of service. I will be sharing your review with them, which they will be delighted to read.

Yes, litter and plastic in the village as you approach us is an issue and something which we have tried to address over the last three years. There are two initiatives which have been taken by us. We provided each cluster of house-holds with huge drums for them to throw their paper and plastic in and took the responsibility of getting it cleaned out for them at regular intervals. Unfortunately, those drums are now used to store house-hold material and not what it was meant for ! We then started educating the children in the school on the disadvantages of using plastic and on waste control. This is having some effect on the families, although a very slow one. I have now decided to speak to the families once again and create concrete garbage disposable area where they should throw their garbage and we at the resort will take the responsibility of having it cleared out. I do hope that this initiative works.

Certainly happy to read about your flight as I must admit that I was apprehensive on your making the connection. But then I guess that is why we do have the tag line - Incredible India !

Do hope to see you back in India for another visit and Kerala would be the ideal destination for you to visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

So, as you arrive at this resort, your first sight is a partially demolished villa in the corner of the property, however, there is no need to worry, this has been wrecked by the local government in a land dispute (only in India, the story sounds absurd) the rest of the resort is intact and well maintained.

The theme here is Indian luxury and it's delivery is not remotely subtle. The villas, which are generously equipped, well laid out and offer considerable privacy, are Disney does Rajasthan in Jaipur pink, with domes over the bathroom and bedroom, the latter of which is mauve inside and has theatrical lighting. The lawns have, for some reason been laid out in narrow strips alternating with cement pathways and there are lots of curves. Suffice to say this is no ashram.

If all the above sounds negative, it is unintentional, because the resort is actually a real winner. The staff are excellent and very helpful, the food is good, the pool area is very well thought through with wonderful views and our little garden, with a plunge pool, looking east to the hills was really lovely. The resort is isolated but not inaccessible (and there is some major development going on about 1 km to the west which may spoil the view a bit) Jaipur is half an hour away and Amer and the fort much less. On the downside, the wifi is painfully slow and the booze is expensive (but we did get stuck in).

All in all, this great little place comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Your header did stump me for a moment ! But then as I read further into your review, I once again realised how challenging the hospitality business is, with each guest having his own interpretation of what one offers. Well travelled as you are, I am sure you have experienced innumerable hotels and I take this opportunity to elaborate a little more on where you left off.

Yes, the issue with the local authorities has finally been cleared and we should be able to restore our Villa shortly. Like you rightly said - this can happen only in India.

Comparing the Tree of Life with 'Disney ' is an unfair one - this is the only Resort of it's times which has respected and maintained a century year old tradition of using natural resources - lime and stone - as against cement, bricks and steel. This gave it the mild pink finish that you see - admired by many of our previous guests and appreciated by environmentalists. To add to respecting our building tradition, the Resort was built by 100 villagers within one kilometre of us and we continue to have a very close association with them even today.

The interior of Villas, once again, are linked to nature. As you would be aware, each Villa is named after an Indian tree. The interior theme of the Villa is based on the colour of the flower of the tree. So we ended up having a dash of either pink, orange, yellow and purple inside the Villas - depending on the colour of the flower.

The glass work that you see in our interiors (Thekri), is a dying traditional art. The person who has done this exquisite work used to be a labourer at the site when the Resort was being built. He shared his passion and talent with us - we gave him the opportunity. Today, Shivraj is travelling from his small little village next to us to Delhi, Mumbai and may be Singapore (!) to share his amazing talent with guests who have stayed with us and want him to do work in their residences.

I just thought it important to share all this with you, as Disney or Bollywood never crossed my mind while building or operating the Tree of Life.

I am also glad to read that you had an enjoyable and relaxed stay with us and thank you for your kind appreciation of what we offer. Yes, being in a valley area with hills around, the internet is slow and we do advise all clients about this at the initial stage of their enquiry with us. But then, we do believe in our Laidback Lifestyle service and I guess an easy going internet only contributes to our belief !

Do appreciate your recommending us to others and look forward to having you back with us, should travel bring you to Jaipur again.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We've just returned from India and Nepal, and our four day stay at the Tree of Life was clearly a highlight. The property is breathtaking, meticulously landscaped, and replete with an array of stunning sculptures, koi ponds, gravity edge pools, ponds, and perfectly manicured lawns. The individual villas - the equivalent of beautiful unattached homes, ring the property on terraced levels (lots of stairs, but manageable) are architecturally magnificent, and reflect a feeling of India modernism. There's a small workout room with state of the art commercial grade equipment, a beautiful, open yoga and meditation building and a lovely dining room that serves, in our experience, Michelin quality cuisine.

Indeed, you'll get a call in the late afternoon asking what time would be convenient for the very talented chef to drop by your villa to discuss the evening's menu, make any necessary adjustments or substitutions. There's a tech specialist to make sure your ipod is properly linked to the villa's sound system (speakers in every room). And innumerable room service and housekeeping attendants ready to attend to your requests.

We stayed in a luxury pool villa and it was...amazing! A walled paradise with a private walkway, Buddha statuary and hanging bougainvillea. Enter into the large living room with fireplace, couch, dining table, large window seat overlooking the backyard private pool, media center and bar.

Then move into the bedroom, with King bed centered under a large shocking pink dome with indirect lighting and inset metallic design. Comfy bed, high count luxurious linens, nice desk, as well with great wireless internet service (for a fee, of course, which seemed unnecessary given the cost of the villa).

From there, proceed into the very large bathroom, with marble floors, large glass shower with door to the outside pool and two different showerheads, double sink, high quality amenities of every sort, and windows and light everywhere, but completely private.

Outside, great lounge chairs, a small but serviceable pool (unheated, which made it unusable in February), outdoor showers, a soak tub, beautiful lawn and shrubbery and flowers.

The spa was first class and Mary, our masseuse was extremely well trained and very, very accomplished. One of the best massages I've ever received.

There was, however, one minor but irritating blemish on this otherwise perfect experience. The water temperature was tepid, never hot. It was 37 degrees celcius, warm enough not to shiver in the morning, but far from a good, hot shower. We called once, they said they'd investigate. We called several hours later. They said the water probably got cold on its way from the central hot water heater (absurd). We asked to speak to the manager. Never heard back. We called the third day and asked again for the manager to contact us. Never heard back. On check day, we took our last shower before being picked up and... really hot, steamy water! What the heck?

We found this profound refusal to address our complaint directly, or even receive a return phone call or visit so anomalous, and rude, given the extraordinary service of the staff and the painstaking attention to detail that is visible everywhere.

That said, we'd stay at Tree of LIfe again - in a heartbeat. It's almost perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

I have over the last two days, read your review a couple of times. It is not often that guests take so much time, care and trouble to share their experiences with other travellers in such detail. I am privileged that the Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur has a place in your heart - and for the right reasons.

This indeed is a labour of love, which fermented in my mind for some 25 years before I embarked on starting construction in 2007. It took a team of 100 odd villagers some three years to complete what you experienced. And at every step I had just one thought in mind - what would my 'to be' guests like to experience ? The attention to detail and everything else stemmed from this thought. Thank you ever so much for your very kind words. Construction apart, the Tree of Life would not be what it is, had it not been for my very supportive team who go out of their call of duty to deliver what we do.

Having said that, I am of course equally disappointed to read the incident about the hot water. Yes, there is absolutely no excuse for what happened and my team should have responded better. We did have a problem with the hot water not being as hot as it should be with a few Villas on a particular line for a couple of days when temperatures dropped unexpectedly. We should have offered to change your Villa for you. I do sincerely apologise in the way your complaint was handled and have spoken to the staff concerned so that this does not occur again.

As far as the wi-fi is concerned, we do not charge for it from any of our guests. I have checked your invoice and do not find any entry towards the same. However, if there has been a charge indicated in your invoice, kindly send me the details on himmat@treeofliferesorts.com and I will ensure that the same is rectified immediately.

Thank you once again for connecting with us via Trip Advisor and I do look forward to having you back for another amazing Tree of Life experience.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Unfortunately we only stayed 2 nights at the Tree of Life in Jaipur in our 2 week trip to India but it was for us the best hotel we stayed in. The attention to detail was fantastic and all the staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. We wished we could have spent more time at the resort and will definitely add that comment to our feedback to the company we travelled with. It was great to have the peace and quiet around us which we rarely experienced in India although that meant we were a taxi drive from the main sights. A beautiful resort and we highly recommend it.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so glad to read that we were your "best hotel" during your 2 weeks travel in India. Thank you so much for your very kind words about our Villas, the staff, the cuisine and all that went into making your stay with us memorable.

Yes, I do agree with you that an additional night would have given you the opportunity to explore our surroundings, visit the school, meet with our friendly villagers and do a bit more than the regular sight seeings. May be this is a reason to come back again for a longer stay !

It is also very kind of you to recommend us to others who may be visiting Jaipur. Thank you once again for sharing your Tree of Life experience with other travellers.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

A clean friendly haven of tranquility in a lovely area. Wonderful service and superb food. The individual bungalows are fantastic with utopian facilities. The central tipping stops you being hassled al the time. A free massage when you arrive distresses you completely and sets you up to enjoy a magical dinner. Can't recommend it higher!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LymingtonSailorman
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Coming from a seasoned traveller as you, I am delighted to read your very kind words on your recent Tree of Life experience.

Yes, the spacious and well appointed villas, the huge calm space and serene surroundings all add to beauty of being at the Tree of Life. Added to this, is my wonderful team which goes out of it's way in providing a warm and attentive service.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with a wider audience.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This would probably come across as a strange review coming out of an unpleasant check-out experience as the entire stay was excellent but the check-out was anti climax!
Fellow travelers,
I had finalized Tree of Life Resort for a very special day (14th Feb 2014) and I am glad that I eventually chose a 2 night package at this resort as a surprise gift for my wife.
Right from the moment we entered the resort and completed the check-in process, everything looked just so perfect!
We were simply awestruck by the pool villa, the overall service standards were outstanding & the food was scrumptious too (bit expensive though).
The staff’s attitude was so very friendly and courteous that we were completely at ease all throughout our stay.
Everything was going perfect & we decided to further pamper ourselves by visiting the spa. Since we have a 20 months old kid, we couldn’t have taken the spa together.
Hence I booked a slot for my wife on 15th afternoon but well expressed ‘tentative’ status for myself. Unfortunately, my kid got a bit cranky & I couldn’t take the spa treatment. This was accordingly informed to the staff (on the very first ‘follow-up’ call from them) with the same reason mentioned here.
May be as a courtesy, the staff again checked with me during the dinner on 15th night and I expressed my inability to take the spa. The last follow-up call (for some reason) came around 10 AM on 16th, my check-out date. Again, I politely declined to Mr Kito & he also courteously said “ok, no problem”.
Then came the check-out moment. As we were approaching the reception with sweet memories of our stay, the manager told us that the resort has lost revenue because of my not taking take the spa treatment despite confirming!
I reasoned with them since I didn’t find their approach very healthy & the discussion turned into a bit of an argument when they insisted me to consider taking the massage at that time. I was wondering why this ‘issue’ was brought up at the time of check-out? Didn’t I tell them so many times that I am not taking the spa treatment? Eventually the staff realized that they cant defend the argument anyfurther and we were ‘allowed’ to go.
I genuinely feel that was a very unfortunate incident. The same set of people who were literally obsessed with making every bit of our stay perfect just did something that left me and my wife with such a bitter feeling.
Still, a moment of madness can’t take away what they all did for us for 2 days : Augmented our experience.

Room Tip: Take Villas on the higher levels, you'll get much better view of the property. Also, do discuss...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Prashant G
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me begin by sincerely apologising for the unfortunate spa incident which happened with you at the time of check-out. The Tree of Life does not 'push sales' and I must admit that I am very disappointed to read what transpired. The staff concerned, joined us very recently and has been reprimanded by me personally for his conduct. May I request that this not cloud your opinion about the experience of the Resort.

I am at the same time, grateful for your kind remarks of your over-all stay with us. Yes, I am fortunate to have a great team who go out of their way to deliver excellent service, with warmth and care. We do believe in our motto - laid back lifestyle - allowing the guests their space and still being there when needed.

I do look forward to having the three of you back with us for yet another wonderful experience with us.

Himmat

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kookas
Lohagarh Fort Resort Jaipur
#15 of 383 in Jaipur
ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
#16 of 383 in Jaipur

Been to Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur? Share your experiences!