Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur
$73
$60
$90
  • Breakfast included
OYO 1006 Hotel Red Fort(Kookas)(Great Value!)
$75
$71
$51
Hotels.com
$127
All reviewsinfinity poolliving roomoutdoor showerlocal schoolgarden villaindividual villasdinner menueach eveningcomplete privacymain poolheaven on earthminute drivethe hustle and bustlepersonalized servicean oasispersonal poolamber fort
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I meant to write this review months ago but it slipped my mind but I had to make sure to write about this resort. My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here in late December when the rest of India is hustling and bustling getting ready for Christmas and overrun by tourists....we were in a luxurious pool villa. The name of the game is privacy at this resort. This resort is best for couples and thats what the resort caters towards and they do a great job at it. I had emailed the owner of the resort via their website (not too many resorts where you can speak directly with the owner) and let him know that I had a not so luxurious 1st honeymoon and was looking to make this one memorable. I had a few items that I was interested in but asked him to help me plan what was best for my husband and I. He did an amazing job. We went on an elephant safari, and had breakfast in the middle of a beautiful field in the valley and had absolutely the most romantic candlelight dinner under the stars. I let Himmat (the owner) know about things that we wanted to do that weren't on the hotel "menu" of things to do like the other things I just mention (like visit an astrologer) and he took care of arranging everything eventhough it didn't benefit him at all to do so. The staff is great and I commend the hotel's non-tipping policy (you may leave a group tip at the end of the visit) which is something that greatly annoyed me at some larger chain 5 stars in India. Even when offered a tip the staff refused to take it (who knew that was possible in India). The villa itself was great. Since it was december we couldn't take advantage of the pool but the staff brought us a bunch of small firepits so we could enjoy the sunken bathtub. The ceilings were beautiful and had a great feel of old-world jaipur meets modern immenities. I had one complaint that had nothing to do with the resort when our cab driver took us to a horrible lunch place that he got commission of and when I told the staff what had happened and that I hadn't even ate lunch- the chef sent a complimentary lunch to my room. Speaking of the chef- Superb! I had let the owner know ahead of time that I was veg on Thursdays and the chef had prepared a seperate menu for me that was just as adequate if not over-indulgent as the non-veg menu for that day. Earlier in the review I mentioned privacy. Two points that really impressed me on this topic. One was that the staff always knocked or called before coming to the villa and when having to enter the back of the villa- they made every effort to notify us that they were coming and only did so at our request (i.e. to bring the mini firepits or turn on the sunken tub). Secondly, there is a limited number of villas which means a limited number of people. I was never disturbed by any other guests and really only saw anyone else at breakfast, which was a major plus point when your are trying to have one on one time with your significant other. We had most of our meals in our room and the service and clean up was prompt. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Pool-Villa absolutely
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reena N
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your Tree of Life experience with a wider audience. Yes, I do recollect our exchange of mails and I am so glad that everything went well for both of you and that we did make up for your first honeymoon.

For us at the Tree of Life, doing 'business' is not our first priority. We get great joy and satisfaction in putting together the small requests and desires that guests come up with - that is our priority. I am happy to read that your wish-list was arranged to your satisfaction.

I do appreciate your kind words about my wonderful team and the cuisine prepared by our Chefs. Yes, I am indeed fortunate to have such colleagues with me and shall certainly share your review with them.

Space and privacy is what the Tree of Life is all about. With 13 Villas in 7 acres of land, you still feel as though you have the whole resort to yourself. December is always a very busy month for us and as you have mentioned, you still felt that you both were just about the only ones there. More and more couples are staying with us for their honeymoon or to celebrate an anniversary.

We do look forward to having you back with us, should travel bring you to Jaipur. Please feel free to get in touch with me at any time.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having read the 250 odd reviews before selecting this well hidden resort I was not dissapointed.
Would have to agree that this is one of the best places for a 2 night kind of a getaway especially if you live in the NCR region.

We booked a pool villa and unless you are going in winter will recommend it over other options.

GENERAL
The check-in was quick and efficient. They have valet parking and most of the formalities are done in your villa.Bottled water was plentiful and complementary , you could ask as much as you drank. We went in the hottest time of the year (45 degrees C) and the quick service of ice buckets on request was a blessing.
The check-out was ok. Someone came to pick our bags. Dropped them outside near the entrance and we loaded our bags ourselves into our car and left. Something to improve upon.

VILLA
This is the USP of the resort. Huge and well constructed with lot of stone and clay work . Tastefully and minimally furnished and gives a rustic charm to the whole setting.
Everything functioned well from TV to the coffee machine (Lavazza).
More importantly as mentioned by other reviewers the whole villa had 5 standing A/C units which did a decent job of cooling in the blistering heat.
The pool area was clean but had a some debris and insects floating around , which we didnt mind , as this is out in the open. Otherwise the water was clear and looked clean to bathe in.We enjoyed our time in the pool.
The huge bay window overlooking the pool was a huge favourite and we spent a lot of time there.
We were left undistrubed unless we needed something which usually came with 15-20 minutes;.

Improvements
We have an eye for detail and wish few things were addressed before our next visit, which would definitely happen ;-)
The open access from the side of villa to the private pool area is a party pooper. While no one came in while we were there but it is not fun to always keep an eye on that part just in case someone comes along. Same for the other side which doesnt have a tall wall . Infact on one morning while someone was watering the vegetation on the raised hilly area outside the villa some sprays came in on the side where the outdoor table and chairs were kept.

The bed mattress was a little to firm for our liking as well as the standard pillows. The resort offers a pillow menu which we forgot to use , i would advise people to do so, but the mattress will cause a problem in sleep quality if you are used to a softer one like we were.

The other small thing which can be done is to put a knocker on the front door. It was not always easy to figure out someone was out there unless someone called from the reception to inform us.

FOOD
We had breakfast and dinner at the resort.
The breakfast is a set menu. The cold items can be ordered again and the hot item (you can choose one) is fixed. While it was fine we felt for a longer stay it would be too monotonous.
The omlette was very well made. The pancakes were fine and the aloo parantha was ok (very thin).However the bakery items especially the croissants were not of great standard.
Plus there was lack of uniformity, for eg. one day we got less quantity of fruits then another day.
Or there were 2 sausages with the omlette one day and 1 on the other.

Dinner was a 3 course menu costing around 1600 Rs (inlclusive of taxes). Have read a lot of comments on this and our take is that you have no other option but to go for it.
Going out at night to another place and returning back via the non lighted partially paved road is not recommended. The room service menu seemed overpriced as well.
So we opted for the 3 course dinner and the chef came in and explained the options. He gave us options beyond the menu which we opted for in the main course.
The dinner was a delight. On one of the days we had the fish tikka which was out of the world.Laal maas was top class as well.
The main course is limitless or shall i say you can order repeats . Food was absolutely delicious both times we ate.

SERVICE
Everyone was smiling and seemed energetic. Seems they had been trained well.
The restaurant staff was exceptional as was the chef on duty.

OVERALL
I would recommend this resort for a unique experience for couples. Can work for children but essentially our assessment is that this place is for spending quality time with your better half.There a few parallels in this region.
Even when the resort is full you hardly notice people unless you go to the restuarant at dinner or pass by the main pool area.
Another thing is that most of the last 5 km stretch is paved with a newly built road. However the last 200 meters are bad.Probably would get worse in monsoons.Also the authorities have demolished part of the first villa (Amaltas ,I guess) and the adjoining boundary wall and stamped a ugly goverment sign board proclaiming this as government land. You notice this as you drive in and hopefully the hotel can 'manage' to get rid of the eye sore.
However as mentioned these are minor things in an otherwise one of its kind place around Jaipur.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank M1AT

Dear Guest,

For one like me, who spent 25 years of his life dreaming about this resort and another 5 years building and initially operating it, reading reviews like yours is an absolute dream! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to review your Tree of Life experience in such a detailed and fair manner.I am indeed delighted to read that your over-all stay was enjoyable and also thank you for recommending us to others.

Your observations on the breakfast service has been noted and already discussed with Chef Santosh and Chef Mahendra, who will take immediate steps to rectify the issues so that they do not come up with other guests. I do appreciate your pointing them out to us. However, I am glad that you enjoyed all your meals and the presentation.

Yes - while I intentionally left out door bells, door knockers can certainly be put on the main door and I shall do this in due course of time. I also understand your apprehensions as a guest, of some one entering through the side opening. However, I would like to mention that we have never had an incident till today where any staff has entered the Villa without the guests being informed prior - we do monitor this very strictly. Nevertheless, I will certainly give this a thought and see what can be done. Mattresses I guess are a personal choice. Some earlier guests have written that they have never slept better than at the Tree of Life!

The last small stretch of 200 mtrs of road is to be completed by the local authorities and much as I want to, I am not allowed to tar the road as it is Government property. We have been following up on this for 3 years and there is still no sign of any progress. As far as Villa Amaltas is concerned, we have received a favourable ruling from the court and I do hope that the matter will be resolved in the next few months. Other than being an eye-sore while driving in, I do hope that this did not impact your stay in any other way.

I will share your review with the entire team, who always give their best to ensure that guests have a wonderful stay with us. We do look forward to having you back for another Tree of Life experience.

Once again, your time in putting this review together is much appreciated.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was supposed to write this review long back...
Was there with my wife on 1st of May and spent 2 nights. By the 3rd day, we wanted to extend it for a day or two, but it was all booked. We were actually checking for Tree House Resort and by chance stumbled upon this one on Google. Found the ratings and reviews were too good. So booked.
The moment we entered our room (Pool Villa-Undoubtedly the best option) we knew that its going to be one of our best holidays. The room was huge and very clean. The pool was again well maintained. We really liked the architecture of the whole property. The staff was very polite. Food was just superb. The best part was it was not a usual buffet system. A personalised chef was a great idea. We were the only one couple in whole resort and still we had plenty of options to choose our meals from.
To reach this resort, you need to drive around 6KM from the main highway into a remote village and that too on a very rough road. But that turned out to be a positive point. As this made this resort so calm, peaceful and with any noise or air pollution.
We got all 5-star treatment possible in this resort! What else!!!
Will definitely pay another visit there!!!!

Room Tip: Pool Villa with Breakfast and Dinner!!!
1  Thank Aquacool-Gagan
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am glad that a chance discovery of the Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur resulted in your having a "simply superb" experience. I thank you for your appreciation of our services during your recent stay with us.

Yes, we are tucked away in one calm and serene area of Jaipur and it was unfortunate that we were unable to offer you a third night on account of our being sold out. With just 14 Villas in 7 acres of land, the resort is always very exclusive and private with hardly any guests seeing each other. The Villas also offer so much of private internal and external space that most of our guests hardly end up leaving them.

We do look forward to having both of you back with us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were there for our aniversary and we really had a great time every thing was so perfect and God added to it by making weather so good.....we got pool villa and its worth it .....food was exellent ...rooms r clean...staff is very helpfull....highy recomanded

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank arti30
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that you had a comfortable stay and celebration at the Tree of Life recently. Yes, many couples stay with us on their honey moon or for their anniversary, enjoying the space and privacy that our Villas offer.

I am also fortunate to have a wonderful and committed team who do their best to look after our guests and do that all they can. I guess that is why, as you have said, the word "no" does not feature often with us.

We do look forward to having you back.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

"Perfection is lot of little things done well"
This quote by very famous chef just fits for this resort.
The food is amazing.
After a long time i had ghee on my chapati and loved everybit of it .
Pool is good but there is wee bit room for cleanliness.
Personalised chef service is an amazing concept.
Reaching there is a task specially last half a kilometer but this shortcoming is overshadowed once you enter the resort.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating our cuisine and services and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your Tree of Life experience.

Without wanting to make any excuse, the strong dust winds in the summer months do pose an extreme challenge for us to keep all the leaves and flower petals out of the water. You observation is well taken and it just means that we have to work harder on this aspect. I will certainly take it up with my team.

Yes, the last small bit to the resort is not a tar road. The irony is that the local authorities have been sitting on the file for the last 3 years doing nothing about it and I am not allowed to tar it as it is Government land! We are in constant touch with them and hope that it was not too much of an inconvenience for you.

We do look forward to having you back with us.