“Gorgeous Getaway”

Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kookas
“Gorgeous Getaway”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited Tree of Life nearly a year ago, and our two day holiday really stands out in my memory. This resort is like no other I have visited and its really secluded. What can be better than having your very own private pool and spa in the garden. The villas are gorgeously designed with an enormous amount of attention to detail. You'll just spend time admiring everything from the thekri work on the ceiling to the curtain rods with little birds. The food was excellent and made to specifications but a little overpriced. The Ashtam spa is lovely and the treatments were at par. From the Nespresso machine in our room to the selection of DVD's everything has been carefully thought of. Full marks to Himmat!! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Book a pool villa...it doesn't get more lavish than having your very own pool!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Given that you visited us some 9 months back and still have us in your thoughts, certainly does warrant a trip back to the Tree of Life! It is getting warm again and the Luxury Pool & Spa Villas are as inviting as ever.

Thank you ever so much for remembering us and for your very kind words. Yes, the Tree of Life is all about space and privacy - with just 14 Villas in 7 acres of land and I am glad that you enjoyed your private pool and garden.

The 'thekri work' is done by a gentleman from our local village. I have since, got him an assignment in Delhi and now some guests who stayed with us recently want to take him to Singapore!

We look forward to having you back.

Himmat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We booked the resort for a family celebration, enamoured by it's photographs, but not quite knowing what to expect. Well, I guess it's safe to say that we were completely blown away by the subtle elegance and personalized service of this resort.
About 15km before Jaipur, on the Delhi- Jaipur highway, this resort provides the perfect oasis from a hectic day of shopping/sightseeing in Jaipur. There are individual villa's, the outsides of which are done in a typical Rajasthani manner, using local stones and designs, and the interiors have beautiful yellow Jodhpur stone with an inlay of flowers in marble! The first day for all of us went pretty much in admiring the intricacy of design and the attention to detail in all the villas (we had booked three). Once that sunk in, we were amazed at how good their chef is. We ordered Indian food on our first night and Continental on the second - and it felt like we were in a fine dining restaurant!
The place worked beautifully for us as a family. However, it is a fabulous resort for couples too. They have outdoor massage tables in each villa, with beautiful open air bathtubs and showers. Each villa, therefore has it's own garden and it's own personal spa area!
A truly beautiful place!

Room Tip: We loved the MOULMEIN ground floor villa with it's large garden and spa area.Ask for any villa t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

For me, it is always very satisfying to read reviews from guests like you, who notice and appreciate the finer details at the Tree of Life. Thank you your taking the time to share your experience with others and for your very kind words and observations.

Yes, the Tree of Life was a desire which kept festering in the mind for over 25 years and then came into being some 3 years back. I also ensured that we used local material with local talent - some 100 odd villagers from within a kilometer created what we have.

Chef Santosh and his team take great pride in not just the taste of food, but more importantly it's presentation and Surgyan and the team do a great job with the service.

Delighted that all of you had a wonderful time with us and we do look forward to having you back again at the Tree of Life.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We recently stayed at The Tree of Life Resort to celebrate our anniversary. We got the pool villa and I was delighted to see the level of service, hospitality and perfect ambience to make our anniversary such a memorable one.

The food was great, the staff was very courteous and it was a blissful experience to say the least. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NSB83
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Anniversaries are always very special and I am so glad to read that we at the Tree of Life were able to make it just that for both of you.

Thank you for your very kind words about the resort, the cuisine, the wonderful team here and our service. I do hope that we will see both of you back with us for another "perfect" experience.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a lovely time at the Tree of Life Spa.The resort seems to be a Labour of Love the villas are exquisitely designed taking care of every detail.The food was lovely( just a little overpriced) and staff was well trained and courteous.There was no harrassment for tips as theres a box for tips.The Manager Mr Manish was very helpful and extremely well trained.Will love to go there again ,was a rejuvenating experience.Kudos to the team.

Room Tip: The Plunge pool villas!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Tree of Life experience.

I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.. Thank you also for mentioning about Manish and our other staff - I will share your comments with them. They do give their best to make our guests comfortable.

We do look forward to having both of you back again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Went with my friends. The location is in the interiors not safe to travel in late night due to single road. Good place for relaxation very quite more suitable for old couples. Food is very highly priced. Rooms are good in size.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank RishiAnand146
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Tree of Life experience.

While I do agree that the road is narrow, I would not term it as "unsafe". I have been living here for the last 5 years and the Resort has been operating for over 2 years - without a single incident. We have a close connect and association with the locals and there has not been any untoward happening in all these years.

Yes, the Resort is place to get away from it all and be in calm, peaceful and serene surroundings. It is not really for those who prefer crowds and people around them and it is for this reason that we have just 14 villas in 7 acres of land. We do get a mix of guests - the average age being between 45 to 55 years.

Nevertheless, I am glad to read that you had a good experience with us.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2013

It's my pleasure to review the Tree of Life Resort and Spa in Kukas. It was far and away one of the best travel experiences I've ever had. I was originally supposed to stay for 2-3 nights. However, I extended my stay in Jaipur and, specifically, at Tree of Life because it offered the unparalleled convenience of feeling at home while getting away from it all. Having come from the chaotic and crowded streets of Delhi, the peace and privacy of the surrounding mountains was a much needed elixir. As I walked in, I was immediately welcomed by a courteous staff member who then escorted me to my villa. The villa was clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. The large bathroom provided a light, airy feeling and was luxurious in every way. The bedroom was a calm, soothing retreat ideal for resting and relaxing. And the living room was a wonderful space for reading and reconnecting with oneself or with one's family. I was perpetually torn between enjoying the comfort of the villa and spending time outside admiring the scenic mountain view. I would agree that the ambiance is almost impossibly romantic. It felt a little like wandering through a secret garden. Due to my numerous food allergies, I can't speak to the gastronomy of the resort. However, I did appreciate the staff's willingness to accommodate my needs, even offering to send the chef to my villa. The internet connection was a little spotty. However, Nikhil, the IT engineer, was ever-willing to help restore my connection, even staying after hours on a few occasions. My warmest congratulations to Himmat for his choice of personnel. Everyone, Himmat included, Akhil, Manish, Nikhil, etc. was so kind and made me feel at home. I was literally sorry to leave and can't wait to return. Thank you so much for your gracious hospitality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I must honestly admit that it does feel good to read that you extended your stay at the Tree of Life because of all that you found here with us. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the others in such detail.

Yes, the Tree of Life offers a peaceful, calm and serene ambience not just within the spacious villas, but also within the Resort area and it's immediate surroundings. Our staff and style of service - Laid back Lifestyle - complements our hard-ware - caring, simple, giving the guests their own space and still always being there. Thank you for your kind words about my wonderful team, with whom I will share your review.

Being in a valley area, our internet is not as strong as that in the city and we do advise all our guests of this prior to their booking with us. The very thick Villa stone walls add to the signals being a bit weak. I do hope that this was not too much of an inconvenience and am glad that Nikhil looked into this promptly for you.

We all do look forward to your being back with us for yet another "delightful" Tree of Life experience.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband & i went there for our anniversary. i do not think we could have found a more perfect setting. the entire resort only elucidates calmness, freshness, a serene environment and a space where you can just 'be'. The simplicity & dedication of the team and the love with which they took care of us, made us feel exclusive, at home and very exquisite. We totally love the rooms, the hot pink colors in the interiors and our own pool, garden and of course our private massage chalet. Alulee was spectacular with her massage! special thanks to manish & chef santosh who made sure that the time spent there was one to be cherished. big congrats to Mr. Akhil Anand ( owner) for having a vision for a space like this and choosing a team that lives up to the DNA. we can't wait to go back really soon. lucky us as we are only a lovely 4 hour drive away:):) thanks all at 'The tree of life' once again. Kanika & Ameet Babbar

Room Tip: choose a room depending on how strong your legs are:) some have more steps than others but not uncom...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing so nicely, the DNA of the Tree of Life - simple, loving, unobtrusive and caring. I am delighted to read that both of you had an amazing stay with us and do appreciate your very kind words about everything at the Tree of Life.

Yes, while the Villas and everything else lends itself to creating that 'magic', it is at the end of the day, my wonderful team which always gives its very best to ensure a beautiful experience for each guest. I will certainly be sharing your appreciation with them.

Do come back to us when the city life get's a bit over-bearing - we look forward to providing you with another beautiful Tree of Life experience - some things are never meant to change !

Himmat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kookas
Lohagarh Fort Resort Jaipur
The Oberoi Rajvilas
The Oberoi Rajvilas
#1 of 380 in Jaipur
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,344 reviews

Been to Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur? Share your experiences!