“A popular bar in an area of little choice.”
Review of Bar & Baa

Bar & Baa
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Mangere
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a bar and restaurant advertising traditional NZ food.

The food was good over all but there is an element of trying to do everything. Sometimes less is more.

Due to being one of the only choices in the area it can be busy. Order then wait.

Overall worth a visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was very ordinary, but appeared to be reasonably priced until we got back from our trip to find our bank statement showing a charge approximately double the cost of the meal. Difficult to dispute it after 5 weeks away and no receipt - but I know the truth of it. Never again!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This restaurant offers efficient friendly service .. A variety of steak and seafood meals and a delicious stir fry. LICENSED.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had the lamb steak on mash potatoes with gravy on a cold winter night. Great meal really hit the spot and for a fair price. Service was good and atmosphere was nice. went back the next day and had seafood bites. Calamari was brilliant/fresh and not the frozen rubbish, fish bites and chips were OK, was a started but i had for a main and filled me up.
they had my favourite Jack Daniels which was all i needed for desert.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Having received an advertising handout the night before, my wife and I decided to try this restaurant. It was near to the Hotel, and would make a change from Hotel food.
After a 45 minute wait, and following a reminder that we had waited rather a long time, my wife's food arrived. It was a rice and prawn dish. Four prawns on the plate, all with heads on. Two, heads only. It would have been a sad starter, we had ordered it as a main meal. My wife complained, the first time ever! We received considerable verbal abuse, and walked out.
I offered to pay for my meal, it was acceptable, and our drinks. when the over cheesey owner/manager and his staff apologised.
no such apology was given.
Do not use this establishment.

1  Thank sdwalk