“Close to Airport, Shuttle, Clean & Safe”

Auckland Airport Pacific Inn
and 1 more site!
Auckland Airport Pacific Inn
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed August 30, 2010

The hotel was a basic hotel that was clean, close to the airport and had shuttle service. Keep in mind the hotel is old, like many in the area, so the place is worn. Our shuttle was on time to and from the airport. We called them from the airport and they picked us up in a few minutes. We only stayed one night. The hotel is in a safe area but if you're a single woman, keep in mind the main entrance to the room is a patio door. It was warm and the bed had a electric blanket. Also, bring your booking form because we had to show them that our rate included internet access.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Navajo_Globetrotter

Reviewed June 1, 2010

I chose this place for its proximity to the airport and pick-up/drop-off service since I had an early flight. Was picked up fairly promptly despite a small misunderstanding but was then completely ignored upon my arrival. (The girl from the front desk was sitting in the "lobby" playing on the guest computer but didn't bother to acknowledge me until I rang the bell on the front desk and was then very rude and treated me as though I was disturbing her evening!) The lobby/reception area smelled SO bad I was nearly ill, the smell appeared to be coming from the restaurant so I certainly didn't venture in there! The first room I was given had a large wide open window that was broken and not able to be closed or secured. Given that it was on the ground floor I wasn't prepared to accept that security risk and asked for another room which I was reluctantly given. This wasn't much better! There were several broken fittings, lights and only one power point so that heater couldn't be used at the same time as anything else and it was freezing! It made so much noise you'd never have slept with it on anyway.
I have to say the bed WAS comfortable and the linen appeared clean which was more than I could say for the room which was filthy. The windows had mould growing on them, there was a very thick layer of dust on everything and the cup had to be scrubbed before I could use it. There was no teaspoon and it was almost impossible to fill the kettle. The drapes were disgusting. The drop-off for the airport went well as arranged and was undertaken by a very pleasant staff member.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Allison P
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I spend 3 weeks a month in AKL and because my business is at the Airport I found the Pacific Inn to be the most convenient. I have tried other Hotels in the Airport area but none have compared, in value to the Pacific Inn.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank vpthnl
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Got to Auckland airport and rang for our "24 hour transfer" to the hotel only to be told we would have to wait until 1pm the next day(this was at 4am) and that even if we got a taxi to the hotel ourselves we would not be allowed into the hotel until at least 11am the following morning, couldn't even wait in reception. Useless crowd!!!! Ended up booking elsewhere from the hotels board in the airport, got the Gold Star Motel instead, it was cheaper and far nicer and much better staff!!! Don't bother with this place! PS: The guy who said we couldn't go was the manager of the place too! Terribly rude and dismissive on the phone also, no customer service at all!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anotherholidayplease
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Almost ruined my holiday before it started....stayed there overnight before catching an international flight...and let's just say it looks like a dingy place where you would go to cheat on your partner because you would never expect to see anyone you knew there!! Doesn't look anything like the photos....they should be fined for obviously copying and pasting information and pictures from someone elses motel website!!!
I think you can get away with being an [-] if you are the owner cos the guy picked us up after driving past us twice, didn't apologise when he finally arrived...heck didn't say a word!! Told we had to pay $10 extra for air conditioner and maybe I should open the windows (to the smell of somthing foul in the darkness). The restaurant was a shady, unclean looking takeaway shop just inside the reception area which wasn't open, and told that 3am was too early to leave for the airport...I'm sorry what da heck is a 24hr shuttle service then!! Don't go there if you think you should get what you pay for because you definetly won't..unless you are paying $10...then its the best motel in Auckland!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tayla51
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We booked over the internet for a twin room at the Airport Pacific Inn. When we got there they said they were out of twin rooms so they'd put us in their motel down the road also owned by the same company.

The place they put us in was Airport Travelair Motor Inn. On Tripadvisor it's reviewed at 100% "do not recommend". Look up the reviews, they're quite entertaining. Sadly it's all true.

I really didn't know that there were still 70s-style motel rooms out there. It was like being on the set of a retro movie about drug dealers, except the room really did stink of stale cigarette smoke, and the bed covers really were slimey, and that mildew in shower? That was real mildew. Worst of all the water from the tap stank something AWFUL.

Oh, and also they forgot about our wakeup call and the shuttle to the airport we booked. But they did rush around organising it once they let us know.

The one good thing was that it was very quiet and I got very good night's sleep. Also I've had lots of mileage telling my work mates about this terrible hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank happycamperwgtn
Reviewed February 1, 2010

After reading other reviews of Pacific Inn on this site I really wasnt expecting much from the motel but as our flight was 5am from Auckland International we were only going to be in the room a few hours, the price was right so we booked anyway. First impressions it was easy to find, neat and tidy with a speedy check in. Our room was large and looked recently refurbished with a massive flat screen tv, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. The free shuttle bus we booked for 3am was early and its not even 5 mins drive to the airport. Un beknown to me I had left my mobile phone in the bed back at the hotel and somehow someone found it and the lady who drove us to the airport drove back and found me in the departure hall and returned it!! I was so grateful as I probably wouldnt have even known Id left it there until I landed again. So all in all a great motel with lovely staff for $79 you really cant go wrong.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family