“MICKCINDY”

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“MICKCINDY”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good hotel smoking balcony good amenities close by and free shuttle to and from the airport

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mick242424

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Auckland
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I booked and stayed in this motel yesterday, Sunday the 04/03/2012, along with me was my 3 year old daughter.

The service was good, the room was of an acceptable standard, bed comfortable, lounge suite great and bathroom fabulous. There was no doubt about that. However in saying that my daughter went to bed with no bites and woke up with bites all over her body. I addressed my concern today at 1.30pm today and was appalled by the service received. I am astounded by the reply received from a female staff member and then her manager on top of that.

I have never felt so belittled in my life. It was more like they were accusing me of being dishonest and then requesting me to pay for the service of a pest controller? and asking me if I was only after a refund, too which I wasnt at first but then after the service received, by all means I now am. The staff that I spoke to today were absolutely rude and injust in how they responded to my concern regarding the nature of my 3 year olds bites on her body. I took her to the doctors and they confirmed they were bed mite bites. The manager there kept saying they dont know that cause they never saw her body the night we checked in, so to me, that has come across as not being a concern to them but being more concerned about them giving me a special price for my room (too which again, i had no issues about).

I do not recommend this motel to anyone after this experience with them.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lasela T
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 23, 2012

nice place, very friendly staff , clean and nice big rooms but prices for singles should be cheaper

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Sudhir_Rajagopal
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here for a day before my trip back home. It was great value for money. The rooms were clean and spacious. I was very pleased with the quick shuttle service and the friendly staff. Free Wireless internet. I definitely recommend them.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Napier, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Definitely great value for money. We had a late flight arrival and our pick up service was quick and easy, just a short drive with a lovely staff member to the hotel. For what we paid, it was what we expected when we arrived but when we got into our room we found that it was impeccably clean and had been modernised very tastefully and the room was very attractive. We had a lovely sleep and a wake-up call for our early morning flight - all went off without a hitch. Great staff attitude, good sense of humor and great hygiene standards! Would use again for Airport-access accommodation.

Room Tip: Definitely go that bit extra to the deluxe room so that you have your own bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This hotel does not rate ! Dirty to the extreme and very unhelpful service- to the point of being a lowgrade backpackers at the best. A very disappointing experience,

Room Tip: Don't book this place
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Matilda S

Travelers are raving about these Mangere hotels

bellarat
Reviewed December 12, 2011

A okay budget motel with free car storage for those heading overseas and also free drop off and pick up at airport. Only complaint was that they forgot our wake up call at 4.am. Luckily we had set our own alarm

Room Tip: take own alarm
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family