“Good airport option”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mangere
Comfort Inn Silver Point
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Good airport option”
Reviewed October 21, 2006

It was with a little trepidation that I booked at this hotel after reading the previous reviews. However I wanted something really cheap (which this certainly was being just over $NZ80) and convenient to the airport with transfers included (which this also had).

All in all I was quite impressed. It was mostly clean and tidy although slightly dated (not as bad as many hotels I have stayed in) and for the price it was a bargin. We had none of the problems mentioned by other reviewers.

The only slight annoyance was that after calling for our pickup from the airport we were left waiting for a good 30 minutes. Too long in my opinion given that the motel was only 5 minutes away. It was a shared minibus with another hotel but those customers were also waiting for a good while.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel so can't comment on this.

We would definitely stay here again for a budget option but if you want something a bit flasher (and more expensive) would use BKs Pioneer Motor Lodge which is also very close and has some nice spa suites.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Airport pickup
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Daniel P

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2006

This is a basic motel in an area of Auckland that you wouldn't want to spend too much time. We stayed for one night, arriving in the early hours of the morning and heading back to the airport first thing to collect our hire car.

The airport shuttle worked well for us, and allowed us to use it for free back to the airport, even though we didn't have a flight to catch.

The room was tatty but clean. The continental breakfast was good and delivered to our door as requested.

However, a fortnight later, we discovered that the motel had charged us $850 instead of $85 for our night's stay. I should say, though, that they refunded this amount (kind of grudgingly!) when we alerted them to it.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank cookie_82

Travelers are raving about these Mangere hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 5, 2006

I stayed one night at the Comfort Inn Airport Silver Point and that was more than enough! I had requested a non-smoking room and was given, of course, a smoking room that was heavily sprayed with air freshner which didn't hide the smoky smell at all. The bathroom window was broken and wouldn't shut properly. There were 3 pill bugs in the room, two were in the bathroom and one was in the kitchen. When I had arrived at the Inn, the night manager asked if I needed a shuttle service to the airport and a wake up call so I booked both requests with the manager. Luckily, I didn't put my whole faith and trust in the manager because my wake up call never came and the shuttle bus which was supposed to take me to the airport at 6:30 am, didn't leave until a half hour later because there was no driver to drive the shuttle bus! The morning manager told me that the night manager didn't communicate this information to her, even though my requests were written in their log books. Overall the Inn looks runned down, there are no restaurants nearby and since the area is not well lit, you wouldn't want to venture out anywhere unless you had a car. If you need to stay near the airport, don't take your chances - stay at another hotel!

• Stayed March 2006