“Pleasant and handy Overnight Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mangere
Comfort Inn Silver Point
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed February 11, 2012

5 minutes from the Airport and a reliable shuttle service included in the room price it is a clean tidy 3 1/2 star facility. Staff were friendly . Only comment is rooms could do with a fan over the bed to assist with sleeping on a humid night. Light breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank homebythelake

Reviewed May 4, 2011

While the Inn itself was ok - pretty tired but ok for 1 night, our experience with their airport shuttle driver was terrible. He picked us up from Akld Int airport, family of 5, took us about a minute to all jump in. I was standing up in the back trying to buckle in a car seat and then put our 1 year old in, and he started driving!!. i asked him to wait for 1 minute while I buckled everyone in. He refused to stop and proceeded to drive out of the airport, over speed bumps and all!!!!. Became aggressive when challenged and put a horrible end to our holiday!. Have contacted owner but so far no reply!!. I know I wouldn't want this ignorant man respresenting my business, or even NZ!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank hkjts
Reviewed March 7, 2011

When we arrived I was made to wait while the receptionist finished a cigarette and talking on the telephone. This accommodation looked all right on the outside but inside it was nothing short of substandard. For the price we did not expect luxury but did expect basic cleanliness and everything in working order. The phone was broken, a chair collapsed when one of our party sat on it, lights and the radio clock did not work and the shower would have to be the worst I have ever experienced anywhere. I wish I had checked the reviews on trip advisor before booking this accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Dundeb54
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Stayed overnight when in transist through Auckland Airport. Handy to airport and reasonably priced but well worth considering spending an extra $10 to $15 elsewhere. Manger disinterested in us when we arrived - more interested in continuing conversation with young female and interaction with us limited to giving us room number only. Rooms small and very basic; not overly clean with dust and grime. Set in a low socio economic area and steel bars on windows a reflection of this. Free transfer to airport to airport in morning was a bonus but this service also offered by other local motels.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
SophieAuckland, General Manager at Comfort Inn Silver Point, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

We are disappointed to hear that the Manager was not more attentive when you arrived, and we do agree more information should have been provided on check in.

We value your feedback and have addressed this with the Manager

We do hope you will stay with us again

Reviewed February 13, 2011

carpet was not clean down stairs had some staines, but upstairs was very good and clean carpet.
bathroom was not the best yet not the worst
shower (hot water was dribling no prussure very poor yet was plenty of hot water)
kitchen clean and tidy no remarks yet cooking is limited for large family.
we stayed 2 nights and the first night there seem to be some large family looks like (from my observation of them) that they are staying there for long time they wernt very nosy but at times they were abit noisy.
Mosketos ate us alive, take a repelant with ya this is a must in summer time..
Location is excelent very good close to airport and no plane noises.
sheets were excelent clean and comfortble bed.
Genertal stay was very avrage and felt safe enough.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We booked here as we received discount through AA Membership. The room was musty and had nothing attractive about it. It is in dire need of being updated. The window sills were rotten and the shower inadequate. We would recommend people to steer clear of this place.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
SophieAuckland, General Manager at Comfort Inn Silver Point, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

We are disappointed to receive your feedback.

We do have a 3.5 Qualmark rating and aim to please every guest

We do hope that you will visit our Hotel again in the future

regards Greg Wilson

Reviewed April 24, 2010

Comfort Inn is part of the Silver Oaks Group. We booked on line through a agent on line
When we arrived at the hotel we where to stay "Oakwood Manor". They told us where full and will send you to Comfort Inn. We complained we booked and confirmed the booking on line. Again they said we where booked. Note we requested a disabled room and they say the agent did not advised them of this. Arrived at Comfort Inn and went to room, you could smell the dust in the carpet, torn curtains. over all the hotel was a -1 star. The disable shower floor was slippery when wet. The chair supplied was a outside chair. When I was in shower and the floor was wet, the front legs of the chair spread and finally broke, I fell to the floor splitting my stump open (not big). but never the less. I feel as though the person running the hotel, was more concerned with the chair. The Silver Oaks Group, I went to main office and complain, the manger sitting there in front of me said he was to BUSY and sent the accountant in to take down all the imfo. She advise us the company will get back to us. I waited just on 2 weeks then rang them, They blamed the booking agent we went through and noted the problem I had It seem they where just going through the motion. I will admit, I wanted them to fix the problem and a refund only of our stay. So DO NOT STAY AT THE COMFORT INN SILVER POINT. We where unable to move to another hotel because we would lost our money . Oakwood Manor has POOL Spa and internet, that is why we booked. We had nothing where they sent. BAD BUSINESS

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends