“Cheap”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Melbourne, Australia
“Cheap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Pros: The rooms are clean and tidy. We were able to rest well in the room before our early morning flight. It's close to the airport. The room had all our necessary facilities.

Cons: Our shower head wasn't very good as not much water came out when it was turned on. Our booking included free breakfast but our flight was at 6am. We asked the staff if they could give us a few things the night before so that we could eat something before our flight but they said no. We do not believe it was too much to ask for and other motels do give some things if they know you wont be able to come for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ruba85
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Ruba85

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us and I am extremely embarrassed to read about the experience.
I think you had overlooked on our room service as tea and coffee making facilities are provided in the room.
Our restaurant is outsourced and timing is well informed to the guest through our web site and/or agent’s site.
I hope your comments might be different if breakfast was given before restaurant hours.
Thanks for using us for your accommodation on your visit to Auckland.
Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Plymouth, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed overnight on 23/24 Feb to see our daughter back to teaching in Japan. The motel room was, as expected, clean tidy and fresh-smelling. As with our two earlier stays we did notice little areas in need of minor repairs but overall an economical and comfortable place to stay. The complementary breakfast after a busy early trip to the parking-Overpriced! airport was a much- appreciated end to our stay. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Neville S,

Thanks for your comment on your recent stay with us.

We are pleased that you and your family had been enjoying our product and service.

We look forward to provide you and your family better product and service on your next stay with us.

GM- Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed one night after touching down in Auckland before moving down south. The family room was comfortable and clean with all amenities and cooking facilities. Only downside was that the hotplate was not working properly, but we resolved this with the receptionist and they let us in into different room so we could cook our meal. Good location near airport and for exploring Auckland and its surroundings if you have your own transport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Michal

Thanks for your comment on your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage airport location and service.. We appreciate your feedback, it will assist us in improving our services for future guests. Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

With Thanks
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a night before we flew to the UK for Christmas. We read the reviews and decided to book. A decision we don't regret. The room was clean and comfortable and there was all the extras for a cheaper range hotel (e.g. tea & coffee making facilities, a fridge). Only one problem arose - a group of people were having a BBQ with loud music opposite our room - but when I asked them to quieten (as we had to be at the airport for 6.30am) they did. I would just suggest that guests are advised that it is a place people stay who have flights at different times of the day and night. We'd certainly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jill C
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Jill,

We are so glad to hear that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Great rooms, Great price, Great product – there are no properties in Auckland Airport that can match what we offer with complimentary breakfast and free airport transfers.

Take care and we look forward to welcome you back in your next visit to Auckland.

Warm regards,
Kerikeri, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I paid $80 for one night as a pre-stay prior to flying domestically next morning. Room was clean and tidy, as was bathroom. However room was exceptionally hot being a typical muggy Auckland summer evening, only a pedestal fan which was very noisy and no air con.
I had been given a room right above the reception area which was super noisy as main road traffic from big trucks, and the comings and goings of shuttle bus all through the evening. So not much sleep although the bed was comfortable.
I didn't make use of the free continental breakfast, it was only served until 9am and as I had arrived at midnight and had a midday flight I didn't intend having to get up early to make use of it. Would've been better if breakfast was available until 10 am which is the checkout time.
While checking out another couple were loudly making a complaint in regards to poor service received in restaurant prior night - they apparently had been waiting 50 minutes to receive their meal and other people coming in to restaurant were served before them. Only an apology issued from the reception staff along with a note that they are understaffed at the moment. Customer obviously made a valid point that more staffing needs to be looked at and would expect to receive a discount on their meal, but no offer made. I don't think this was an unreasonable request from the customer and as reception not forthcoming except for a continuous "we are very sorry" this was a disappointment.
Night staff were very nice and helpful, lady in the morning in my checkout was very abrupt.
All in all I probably wouldn't stay here again, but it was a cheap alternative compared to many of the other hotel options around and the room price came with free shuttle to/from airport, free carparking on premises up to 14 days (which was my main reason for using them), and free continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Try not to get one second level right above reception, you hear all the comings and goings throughou...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Shalend P, Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I have gone through your comments and would like to inform you that our Motel is just on ground level.

This comment is totally for some other property.

Please have the same rectified.

Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had payed for the room using my credit card. This was booked for a family member arriving from overseas and myself to stay for one night, before we were to cath a connecting flight the following morning. I had missed my flight to Auckland due to my flight being cancelled due to weather, I was there for unable to check in at the same time as my family member. I had tried to arrange for the shuttle to pick up my famiily member but the staff were unfriendly and unaccomidating, there for I had to get a friend to travel out to the airport to fetch my family member from the airport and drop her off at the motel. On my family members arrival at the motel they would not let her have the room which had been paid for unless I was there as I paid for it with my credit card. They then proceded to let her have the room, but took her passport off her as "security". This is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard of, the room had been paid for and they did have my credit card details for security. My family member had been travelling for nearly 2 days and needed to get a good night sleep, which she unfortunately did not have. Terrible service! Wont be booking accomodation at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane R
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking out your precious time to comment on your recent stay with us.

My apologies for not providing you and your family free courtesy shuttle service. However we only do a pick up and drop off free of charge per booking.

All our checking policies are well notified by our entire agent wherein valid ID and Credit card pre-authorisation is required upon booking.

I hope apart from this you and your family had enjoyed all the service.
Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel

Travelers are raving about these Mangere hotels

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here because of early morning flight.. wish we hadn't!!
Got to room and towels were lying on duvet to cover up dirty stains, rang reception to change duvet and it was replaced with ripped duvet....got home and checked bank acc and had been charged $30 for ripped duvet!! be aware of staying here!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike L
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Motel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Mike,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking out your time to comment on your recent stay with us.
Our Room Attendant had given you a brand new duvet wherein you had damaged it and we had to destroy it.

That duvet cost us nearly $80, however my reservation only charged $30.00.

If we haven’t charged you $30.00, I hope the comment would be totally different.

I hope you had enjoyed all our other services.

GM